The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

18 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

He's not exactly playing as a winger, more of a number 10 to be honest coming in off the left. I prefer him in this position because it keeps him higher up the pitch, we're a much better side by having him consistently further forward whilst the likes of Marvelous do the dirty work in the second third. 

Another very good display, that's three in a row now. A combination of him adapting to the pace of the league and now in a better position for him.

Not comparing the 2 as players, but it's a similar role to what Hazard had at Chelsea. It's the perfect role imo, allows for another body in midfield. 

1 hour ago, av1 said:

Not comparing the 2 as players, but it's a similar role to what Hazard had at Chelsea. It's the perfect role imo, allows for another body in midfield. 

Agree , we look a better team as a result and gives jack the freedom to play 

• Like 1

As others have said, not quite a left winger, but him starting on the left (despite being central defensively and offensively a number of times), gives him the platform to come inside and do those lovely, effortless glides across the box which he does so well (either shooting or making chances).

Jack uses space so well, so coming off the left where he knows pressure will only come from full backs and maybe wingers just maximises the damage he can inflict.  With Taggart doing a great job at supporting and players knowing the ball will come if they get in the right positions, he offers that little bit more than at cm because with the other players we have, we have good balance there too.

Brilliant performance today, keep it up.

• Like 1

Didn't see the game but sounds like he was deployed in the role I'd been hoping all season we'd use him in.

Glad to hear it worked.

As mentioned countless times before I think this role helps us as a team the most.

53 minutes ago, sne said:

Didn't see the game but sounds like he was deployed in the role I'd been hoping all season we'd use him in.

Glad to hear it worked.

As mentioned countless times before I think this role helps us as a team the most.

I think Grealish on the left in a semi free role only works now due to targett actually being able to be a threat down the left, if it was Taylor they could jist ignore him and dog pile Grealish.

Targett and Grealish down the left is really nice, coupled with Guilbert and Ghazi/trez on the right.

Team slowly starting to look better balanced.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

I think Grealish on the left in a semi free role only works now due to targett actually being able to be a threat down the left, if it was Taylor they could jist ignore him and dog pile Grealish.

Targett and Grealish down the left is really nice, coupled with Guilbert and Ghazi/trez on the right.

Team slowly starting to look better balanced.

Oh absolutely.

Why it was so important that Taylor was replaced. 

Thing about the inside forward role (a la David Silva, Bernardo Silva, Hazard, etc.) is it benefits massively from having a good full back on the overlap, who allows the "winger" to drift inside while still retaining width in the attacking shape. So Matt Targett deserves a lot of credit for the difference he has made.

Jack is getting praised quite often now by pundits as one of the best players outside the top 6. Commentator today mentioned several times how much more time he seems to have on the ball because of his technique and composure.

Where I rate him above Maddison, Sigurdsson, etc. is in his defensive work rate. He looks dangerous pressing higher up the pitch now, but it's still good to see him putting in the hard yards defensively. A great example to the other players, and you could see Wesley following suit today with some lungbusting tracking runs.

It's very obvious on social media now that Noses, Wolves, etc. are becoming more and more desperate in their attempts to paint Grealish as an overrated show pony.

I think there will be a lot of humble pie being eaten mid-crywank in Small Heath come the end of the season. He's really maturing into the player we all believed he would be. They'll be reduced to moaning about his hair (which admittedly he keeps finding new ways of making more offensively bad - but you do you, Jack... first England cap coming up soon).

Edited by KentVillan
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

Thing about the inside forward role (a la David Silva, Bernardo Silva, Hazard, etc.) is it benefits massively from having a good full back on the overlap, who allows the "winger" to drift inside while still retaining width in the attacking shape. So Matt Targett deserves a lot of credit for the difference he has made.

He is getting praised quite often now by pundits as one of the best players outside the top 6. Commentator today mentioned several times how much more time he seems to have on the ball because of his technique and composure.

Where I rate him above Maddison, Sigurdsson, etc. is in his defensive work rate. He looks dangerous pressing higher up the pitch now, but it's still good to see him putting in the hard yards defensively. A great example to the other players, and you could see Wesley following suit today with some lungbusting tracking runs.

It's very obvious on social media now that Noses, Wolves, etc. are becoming more and more desperate in their attempts to paint Grealish as an overrated show pony.

I think there will be a lot of humble pie being eaten mid-crywank in Small Heath come the end of the season. He's really maturing into the player we all believed he would be. They'll be reduced to moaning about his hair (which admittedly he keeps finding new ways of making more offensively bad - but you do you, Jack... first England cap coming up soon).

Days like today show he’s our best player and different class.  Great performance too. 

2 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

As others have said, not quite a left winger, but him starting on the left (despite being central defensively and offensively a number of times), gives him the platform to come inside and do those lovely, effortless glides across the box which he does so well (either shooting or making chances).

Jack uses space so well, so coming off the left where he knows pressure will only come from full backs and maybe wingers just maximises the damage he can inflict.  With Taggart doing a great job at supporting and players knowing the ball will come if they get in the right positions, he offers that little bit more than at cm because with the other players we have, we have good balance there too.

Brilliant performance today, keep it up.

Didn't know we had that detective fella working with the first team?  Did I miss that news?  🤪

• Haha 2

I haven’t seen today so not really fair to comment. But a few weeks back when he was interviewed and said he sees himself as a No8 we all disagreed. Jacks best position is a number 10, to suit our formation if he has to do that coming off the left then so be it. We need him high up pitch, in that position he really affects a game!

5 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

He's not exactly playing as a winger, more of a number 10 to be honest coming in off the left. I prefer him in this position because it keeps him higher up the pitch, we're a much better side by having him consistently further forward whilst the likes of Marvelous do the dirty work in the second third. 

Another very good display, that's three in a row now. A combination of him adapting to the pace of the league and now in a better position for him.

Yes yes yes.

3 minutes ago, delboy54 said:

This dates me, ........watching Grealish play reminds me of watching "Chico" Hamilton or Frank Carrodus play all those years ago........please don't say "who?"

Regards to all

Del

who?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, delboy54 said:

This dates me, ........watching Grealish play reminds me of watching "Chico" Hamilton or Frank Carrodus play all those years ago........please don't say "who?"

Regards to all

Del

Happy days!  (Old git) 😋

• Haha 1

Â