The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

He's was still very good and I don't think he's 100% right. That result will really help his confidence. Hasn't quite had the Jack swagger in the last month, bit hesitant what pass to play.

God help the PL when he's back on it.

Excellent finish.

1 minute ago, Farlz said:

Jack in the wide free role is a joy to watch. Excellent again today.

As much as he might think he's a #8, he's way more suited to this role (and just a free #10 role in general). Brilliant performance.

• Like 1

definitely better in the inside forward/free wide role, gives him more freedom and less responsibility going backwards, also encourages him to play further up the pitch, when he played central he was back towards to back 4 way too often for me, look much better more advanced, especially being able to drift inside or outside as he likes.

• Like 1

If we could trust Trez/El Ghazi/Benrahma(hopefully) for 90 mins wide left he's still our best option for centre mid.

Neil Taylor was killing him and the whole Villa side.

But yes, because he's Jack **** Grealish he is obviously excellent out wide as well.

Been very good the last two games for me. Surprised how well pushing out left has worked out. It’s worked because he isn’t being pushed out he’s effectively been given a free role. He’s a very smart footballer so he’s using that freedom very intelligently. 

• Like 2

shows that personnel is more important than formations really, he wasn’t asked to mirror what el ghazi does on the opposite wing and played his own game. He swapped with Hourihane a few times again depending on who was in position and controlled the game in front of Norwich’s penalty area.

• Like 3

I never liked the idea of Grealish as a winger, but strictly speaking he doesn't play the winger role at all. 
What's kinda funny is how everyone and their dog were saying we needed to get Grealish further up the pitch. We moved him up and inside, and suddenly we look so much more composed when attacking. 

He has such great composure on the ball. It's brilliant. 

2 hours ago, villalad21 said:

So much more effective as a winger.

This change should have happened about 5 games earlier.

We couldn't do it targett had been out injured. Taylor is poor going forwards and with Grealish roaming there would be no outlet on the left. 

18 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I never liked the idea of Grealish as a winger, but strictly speaking he doesn't play the winger role at all. 
What's kinda funny is how everyone and their dog were saying we needed to get Grealish further up the pitch. We moved him up and inside, and suddenly we look so much more composed when attacking. 

He has such great composure on the ball. It's brilliant. 

I think removing him from midfield responsibilities means hes more likely to stay further up the pitch. His defending from the front today was superb, he closed Norwich's defenders down time after time forcing them to lump it forward and lose possession, this is how exactly what he should be doing .

It was also noticeable that Ming's was pushing us up the pitch by telling us to push up and by pushing up himself. 

Mad part about it is Grealish still hasn't played at his best , can't wait for that game when he does, his doubters are in for a right slice of humble pie. 

Â