The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

Just now, GENTLEMAN said:

He’s a special special player no doubt

Watching that he does remind me of Iniesta.  Obviously I'm not saying he's as good as him as Iniesta is one of the greatest ever, but the way he can pick the ball up in midfield, turn either way then beat a player or two then have end product as well.  We're lucky to have him.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sharkyvilla said:

Watching that he does remind me of Iniesta.  Obviously I'm not saying he's as good as him as Iniesta is one of the greatest ever, but the way he can pick the ball up in midfield, turn either way then beat a player or two then have end product as well.  We're lucky to have him.

I know what you’re saying, he looks so difficult to play against, effortless in his control and dribbling and he’s weight of pass is exquisite. It feels like it’s all coming together for him. He’s a local lad and a massive villa fan, it’s so rare. I felt so proud and a bit choked up watching that. Which is totally illogical but that’s football and the human condition. 😂 I think he will absolutely shine next season the PL.

imagine him with players of a similar calibre around him......

Hopefully we make some really good signings in that dept.

ie: players like Jota, El Ghazi and 2-3 others who are capable of an intricate passing game, or clever through balls, picking up through balls etc.

The football would be exquisite to watch.

Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Jareth said:

We all love a highlights video but if we were after a player and saw this video, we'd think he was too good for us. 

I don't think that video even shows the best of him. 

• Like 2

I was walking round earlier and had a thought about him skipping round van dijk like he wasnt there, Twitter having a meltdown about the man who wasn't dribbled past all of last season or some such shite 

1st game of the season Liverpool away

We lose 6-0 but the grealish moment will be awesome 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

I was walking round earlier and had a thought about him skipping round van dijk like he wasnt there, Twitter having a meltdown about the man who wasn't dribbled past all of last season or some such shite 

Will be called a misdribble or a slip I imagine

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MaVilla said:

This is what jumped out for me. How many brilliant moments with a perfect pass, or him taking two/three players out of the game, only to be completely wasted on players nowhere near good enough to take advantage of it.

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, villa4europe said:

We used to do well when went there. I guess we haven’t lost since the 3-0 under Houllier till our last season up there when we lost 3-2. We did well even then in terms of performance. 

The gap is getting wider and wider between the whole league compared to Plop and Citeh. But there seem to be declines for the other Top 6 teams. Which is good for the rest of the league.

Part of me says lets just have Plop or Citeh away in our first game. The other part says momentum is important and it would be better to begin with a much kinder fixture at home. But then we won at Bournmouth last time and we all know how it ended.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, MaVilla said:

Hopefully we make some really good signings in that dept.

ie: players like Jota, El Ghazi and 2-3 others who are capable of an intricate passing game, or clever through balls, picking up through balls etc.

The football would be exquisite to watch.

Players like El Ghazi and Lookman would compliment Jack's play quite significantly.

The 2016 provisional squad had 11 midfielders and there are currently 12 midfielders with shorter odds than Grealish. The chances are that at least a couple of them will be injured/lose form/fall out of favour, can really see Grealish sneaking in if he has as good a season as we know he's capable of. 👍

Edited by kieranavfc

Fix you. 

Been watching tons of Villa YouTube tonight and the thing that struck me on this particular one is the very first image of Terry comforting Jack who still looks the "kid" Jack, youthful and not so different from the kid lying face down after too many shandies a couple of years earlier. 

By the end he's obviously our captain and lifting the cup but seems years older, not old but now a man rather than a kid if you get my drift. 

His time is now. 

• Like 2

On 08/06/2019 at 13:00, villa4europe said:

😂 Even in your fantasies we get tonked?? We can get a point dare to dream.

• Haha 1

Â