The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

Thought it was interesting that Jack openly admitted to believing the game against Hull away was his last in a Villa shirt....for a period at least anyway.

Maybe it's been confirmed on here previously and I missed it but he was obviously very close to joining Spurs......I recall lots of 'he was never going anywhere' posts........seems he was going somewhere before we decided to pull the plug on it all.

22 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Thought it was interesting that Jack openly admitted to believing the game against Hull away was his last in a Villa shirt....for a period at least anyway.

Maybe it's been confirmed on here previously and I missed it but he was obviously very close to joining Spurs......I recall lots of 'he was never going anywhere' posts........seems he was going somewhere before we decided to pull the plug on it all.

I am pretty sure that was all but confirmed anyway, he was done at Spurs, he was looking at houses, he was told he was being sold.

I don't want to be that guy and I truly hope he stays with us his whole career in the Premier League and he gets to achieve it all with us, however is there even the slightest of chances he might feel, it's job done and he can't go any higher (feelings wise) that captaining his club back to the big time, scoring winners against rivals etc. As a local lad it's pretty much been the fairy tale season despite his injury lay off. Would he want to obtain Champions League football and England recognition now or do we think he is happy to wait that bit longer and see if he can get that playing with his boyhood team?

Edited by Hitzlsperger_12

1 minute ago, Hitzlsperger_12 said:

I don't want to be that guy and I truly hope he stays with us his whole career in the Premier League and he gets to achieve it all with us, however is there even the slightest of chances he might feel, it's job done and he can't go any higher (feelings wise) that captaining his club back to the big time, scoring winners against rivals etc. As a local lad it's pretty much been the fairy tale season despite his injury lay off. Would he want to obtain Champions League football and England recognition now or do we think he is happy to wait?

I think it's a no brainer for him to stay as captain in the premier league, his dream to do it, we have massive potential and can make him a premier league star this year and get him an england call up. He could be captaining us in europe in a few seasons time ;)

Leaving that to not being guaranteed a start at a champions league club, not playing when fit would be a travesty for him at this stage in his career. Last time we got promoted we finished second to Man Utd :D

• Like 4

54 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

I am pretty sure that was all but confirmed anyway, he was done at Spurs, he was looking at houses, he was told he was being sold.

Yeah I know there were a whole host of rumours and hearsay but I think that’s the first time we’ve heard it from the horses mouth and definitively.

For what it’s worth.

41 minutes ago, romavillan said:

I think it's a no brainer for him to stay as captain in the premier league, his dream to do it, we have massive potential and can make him a premier league star this year and get him an england call up. He could be captaining us in europe in a few seasons time ;)

Leaving that to not being guaranteed a start at a champions league club, not playing when fit would be a travesty for him at this stage in his career. Last time we got promoted we finished second to Man Utd :D

4 years after promotion.......just saying

4 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

4 years after promotion.......just saying

My bad, second to liverpool in 89/90, second season back in top flight, http://www.emfootball.co.uk/table1989-90.html , then second to Man U first season of prem. http://www.emfootball.co.uk/table1992-3.html.

First season back we were 17th with 40 points. 40 points will do next season too!

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

And that was just it 'He was told' he was being sold, mainly by one person - Bruce.

Meanwhile, there was also things going on in the background at B6 working tirelessly to ensure he wouldn't be sold and they were doing everything their power to prevent it.

I recall being one of those members of the 'He is not going anywhere' camp and I maintained what I was being told, the rest is history. 

1 hour ago, romavillan said:

Leaving that to not being guaranteed a start at a champions league club, not playing when fit would be a travesty for him at this stage in his career.

Couldn't have worded it better myself.

What Jack has achieved with us so far is just the beginning..

Scoring against your Rivals at Villa Park, Scoring the winning at their stadium, captained his boyhood club, has lead us out at Wembley, led us to promotion.

It's now about the big time and what he can do where he can help take us onto from here..

He has it all ahead of him and it's time for him to really shine.

Edited by AvfcRigo82

59 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

Assuming we don't relegated, I get the feeling that Jack will be a one-club player for the rest of his career.

Nah if he is as good as we think he is he will move to one of the big 6. Next season will show us how good he really is. After that he will move for a big sum.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

I think everything was agreed but the final transfer fee. Then the takeover happened and the maximum fee Spurs thought they would need to offer was no longer accepted. 

3 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I think everything was agreed but the final transfer fee. Then the takeover happened and the maximum fee Spurs thought they would need to offer was no longer accepted. 

I think it was further on from that mate, given Jack's openness in the interview after the match Monday.

I think it was about as close to happening as could be without going through.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

I think it was further on from that mate, given Jack's openness in the interview after the match Monday.

I think it was about as close to happening as could be without going through.

You reckon a fee was agreed then? Wonder how much it was.  

What a turnaround. Might also explain why Jack wasn’t quite himself the first few games. It seems like he was messed around quite a bit.

I love Jack and genuinely hope he stays, but the list of players that have been sold for £60m plus is slim. If that is indeed his buy out clause, someone matched it, and Jack wanted to go, it is what it is. 

9 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

You reckon a fee was agreed then? Wonder how much it was.  

What a turnaround. Might also explain why Jack wasn’t quite himself the first few games. It seems like he was messed around quite a bit.

I would imagine a fee was in place yes, probably in the region of £20m but what do I know.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, av1 said:

I love Jack and genuinely hope he stays, but the list of players that have been sold for £60m plus is slim. If that is indeed his buy out clause, someone matched it, and Jack wanted to go, it is what it is. 

I love Jack but I don’t think he is worth that yet.

1 hour ago, sharkyvilla said:

Assuming we don't relegated, I get the feeling that Jack will be a one-club player for the rest of his career.

I reckon the opposite.

He'll do well in a side that finishes 15th. Then we sell for 50 million to one of the top 4, and we all wish him the best.

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Nah if he is as good as we think he is he will move to one of the big 6. Next season will show us how good he really is. After that he will move for a big sum.

Maybe not, he didn't want to go last year, the club were flogging him coz we were **** financially.

There are examples of one club players in the modern game. Success for us is winning things long term, he's young enough to see it through. Smith is a big factor too I reckon, if Smith can keep the progression going Jack stays IMO. If Smith fails and the potential isn't realised then he'll more than likely go I agree. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, romavillan said:

Maybe not, he didn't want to go last year, the club were flogging him coz we were **** financially.

There are examples of one club players in the modern game. Success for us is winning things long term, he's young enough to see it through. Smith is a big factor too I reckon, if Smith can keep the progression going Jack stays IMO. If Smith fails and the potential isn't realised then he'll more than likely go I agree. 

It depends on how good he gets and his ambition. From the top of my head I can think of 2 players that stayed at their clubs when could have moved on. One was Matt le tissier that was never the model professional in terms of fitness. He was just a natural talent. The other was Gerrard who had as good as signed for Chelsea but got death threats so stayed at Liverpool and still won major trophy’s. 

If Grealish is as good as some think he could he would be crazy not to leave. We could use that money to reinvest the way spurs have been able too. 

Â