The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

23 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

It depends on how good he gets and his ambition. From the top of my head I can think of 2 players that stayed at their clubs when could have moved on. One was Matt le tissier that was never the model professional in terms of fitness. He was just a natural talent. The other was Gerrard who had as good as signed for Chelsea but got death threats so stayed at Liverpool and still won major trophy’s. 

If Grealish is as good as some think he could he would be crazy not to leave. We could use that money to reinvest the way spurs have been able too. 

Totti could have gone to join one of the best sides the world has ever seen and played with Zidane, Figo, Ronaldo (the real one) and the rest of the galacticos. He stayed in Rome though. There are others....

I wouldn't undervalue both Smith's and Jack's connection to Villa.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Enda said:

I reckon the opposite.

He'll do well in a side that finishes 15th. Then we sell for 50 million to one of the top 4, and we all wish him the best.

Ill wish him all the best... as long as he doesnt join Spurs...

22 minutes ago, romavillan said:

Totti could have gone to join one of the best sides the world has ever seen and played with Zidane, Figo, Ronaldo (the real one) and the rest of the galacticos. He stayed in Rome though. There are others....

Totti would have been buried in the foundations under a Rome flyover had he left, see Gerrards proposed move to Chelsea. 

It was self presavation as much as loyalty. 

4 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Thought it was interesting that Jack openly admitted to believing the game against Hull away was his last in a Villa shirt....for a period at least anyway.

Maybe it's been confirmed on here previously and I missed it but he was obviously very close to joining Spurs......I recall lots of 'he was never going anywhere' posts........seems he was going somewhere before we decided to pull the plug on it all.

He was disappointed not to go.

2 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Nah if he is as good as we think he is he will move to one of the big 6. Next season will show us how good he really is. After that he will move for a big sum.

Wh6 not stay with us as one of the Big 7 ?

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, romavillan said:

Totti won a seria A with Roma and was challenging each season. 

We’re a million miles from challenging for the equivalent. 

2 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

That’s the dream for all of us. 

It is but I don’t think it’s anywhere as far off as some think. Unlike some of the other Clubs who become sustainable and have the odd pop at top 6/8 we have the ability to remain up there. There is  absolutely no reason why we shouldn’t compete with those Clubs, and just as Everton and / or Newcastle will try to do, turn it into a bigger top section.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, terrytini said:

It is but I don’t think it’s anywhere as far off as some think. Unlike some of the other Clubs who become sustainable and have the odd pop at top 6/8 we have the ability to remain up there. There is  absolutely no reason why we shouldn’t compete with those Clubs, and just as Everton and / or Newcastle will try to do, turn it into a bigger top section.

Maybe. I guess we’ll have to see what next season brings. Things change so quickly as we saw from Smith taking over and winning games to then fans wanting him sacked to them promotion.

I suppose Leicester showed us anything is possible in football. 

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Maybe. I guess we’ll have to see what next season brings. Things change so quickly as we saw from Smith taking over and winning games to then fans wanting him sacked to them promotion.

I suppose Leicester showed us anything is possible in football. 

Anything is. 

We have the money. From here on it’s how it’s used. And the same goes for the competition. Man City won’t always be there. Nobody stays there forever. It all changes, we are in the game.

37 minutes ago, av1 said:

Totti would have been buried in the foundations under a Rome flyover had he left, see Gerrards proposed move to Chelsea. 

It was self presavation as much as loyalty. 

Nah!!! It's not all Mafia and Mandolins you know....

...there's some pizza too ;)

25 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Totti won a seria A with Roma and was challenging each season. 

We’re a million miles from challenging for the equivalent. 

There was a lot of not really challenging too, and had he gone he would have won everything in the game. No question.

I hope I’m really wrong but I got this feeling Jack will just be a good player in the top flight and not this superstar we all think he will be.(for the record I’d be happy with that). 

I don’t think he has bossed the second tier anymore than the lad Leicester signed from Norwich. He has gone on to be player of the season for them which is great. 

But I think we may get he carried away with how good we think Jack really is.

Again I can’t stress how much I hope I’m wrong and he goes on too big things with us. It’s just my opinion.

2 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

It depends on how good he gets and his ambition. From the top of my head I can think of 2 players that stayed at their clubs when could have moved on. One was Matt le tissier that was never the model professional in terms of fitness. He was just a natural talent. The other was Gerrard who had as good as signed for Chelsea but got death threats so stayed at Liverpool and still won major trophy’s. 

If Grealish is as good as some think he could he would be crazy not to leave. We could use that money to reinvest the way spurs have been able too. 

Steve Bull was another. OK, was a lower league player but I think we tried to sign him a couple of times at his peak. 

If we get anywhere near a massive game in the future and Grealish is playing in it, will someone do the decent thing and whack him over the head with something please.

It pretty much guarantees it'll be the best day of his life.

• Like 1

Hopefully, he can join these one club Villans -

Billy Walker, 20 years a Villan 1914-1934 and 531 appearances

Johnny Dixon 15 years a Villan 1946-1961 and 430 appearances

Tommy Smart, 14 years a Villan 1920-1934 405 appearances

Billy George 14 years a Villan 1897-1911 and 356 appearances

Harry Parkes 16 years a Villan 1939-1955 and 320 appearances

Ernie Callaghan, 17 years a Villan 1930-1947 and 125 appearances

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, 8pints said:

Hopefully, he can join these one club Villans -

Billy Walker, 20 years a Villan 1914-1934 and 531 appearances

Johnny Dixon 15 years a Villan 1946-1961 and 430 appearances

Tommy Smart, 14 years a Villan 1920-1934 405 appearances

Billy George 14 years a Villan 1897-1911 and 356 appearances

Harry Parkes 16 years a Villan 1939-1955 and 320 appearances

Ernie Callaghan, 17 years a Villan 1930-1947 and 125 appearances

The list is missing Agbonlahor 😬

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I hope he'll start being even more direct and break /up tempo in his play style.

Think it would put him at a even higher level. 

He's so damned brilliant when he picks it up and runs towards players, breaking thru the lines. Sadly he doesn't do it too often.

Will be lovely to watch him in the PL again.

• Like 1

Watch him step up his game in the PL. I feel like he's been conserving himself this season, not showing his true power level as it were. We saw it last season but this season he let his presence do the talking more than his skills in a way. Can't **** wait for next season.

• Like 1

He can be as good as he wants, there is no limit for him, I firmly believe that. The way he just caresses the ball, the weight of his passes, the boy is a genius. He makes the ball do the work, makes the game look so easy, such a natural footballer. He’s one of us, his whole family are Villa fans. Recently, I’be noticed him contributing to the defensive side of his game and even winning headers. I believe we are witnessing him becoming the complete player 

• Like 2

Â