Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

9 minutes ago, V01 said:

Season 2 had the best scene... 

I know exactly what you are talking about! :detect:

Although True Detective S1 runs it close...

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Xela said:

I know exactly what you are talking about! :detect:

Although True Detective S1 runs it close...

If we're talking bewbs then nothing beats Lili Simmons and Alexandra Daddario in season 1 (can't decide between them).  If we're not talking bewbs then sorry for being a perv.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, BOF said:

Banshee.  Nuff sed :wub::wub::wub:

wolf of wall street omg GIF

EDIT : Oh and seriously if you still haven't watched Banshee, sort yourself out.

I haven't but I've watched her 'best bits' from it 😍

On 26/03/2019 at 10:14, Stevo985 said:

Season 4 of the Wire is by far the best season. 

Don't get me wrong , even the worst episode of The Wire is better than most of what's out there.

There's crap in the Sopranos too FWIW. Any scene with Tony's mother is excruciating.

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Were my two favourite of all time until I finally watched GOT. 

I love Game of Thrones. But it’s not even in the conversation in my opinion. 

• Like 2

I think it's brilliant TV, must watch, probably my favourite thing on and I can't wait for it to be back, there is a lot to commend with the scale and the look of the whole thing, it's set a new bar for TV production values

But sopranos and the wire are different gravy, the sopranos in particular just set a new bar for TV

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I love Game of Thrones. But it’s not even in the conversation in my opinion. 

I used to think the same but the more I have watched GOT repeatedly the more I appriecate what an incredible program it is. 

But to be fair we are talking completely different genres here so it’s difficult to compare it with Wire/Sopranos. For me they are all amazing tv in their own way. 

I know people that actually refuse to watch GOT because it looks too unrealistic.  Their lose.

On 25/03/2019 at 17:56, sharkyvilla said:

Mad Men is another that I just didn't like.

Incredibly dull. Extremely well made. Highly polished. Nerdily accurate. Technically brilliant cure for insomnia. I couldn't get into it. And most of the people I know who love it wax lyrical about everything but the storyline. 

• Like 1

i walked away from mad men for about 3 or 4 seasons, then they announced it was ending and i had to quickly catch up and watch it finish

its good, its at its best for me when they tie in real life events and show the impact on the characters, thats why the JFK episode is easily my favourite, same for real life companies and add campaigns but a lot of that was over my head

there were a couple of brilliant characters in it, Pete Campbell for example, roger sterling too

• Like 1

Â