Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

17 hours ago, Paddywhack said:

There's several really popular TV shows, films or whatever that I don't really like but I can see why other people like them (Breaking Bad for example), but I never got it with this show. It all seemed a bit drab to me....maybe because the first series was filmed in Birmingham LOL.

I need to revisit it I think, I'm clearly missing something. I believe it's supposed to get better as it goes on?

It's an incredible show. I don't think the latest series was as good as the first few. But it is seriously, seriously good.

• Like 1

Double episode season premiere of Vikings.

It's more of the same and if you like the show you'll probably like this too unless you miss Ragnar too much.

Jonathan Rhys Meyers like he always does in yet another "historical" role.

Floki goes to Island so that can be fun I guess. 

On 29/11/2017 at 15:55, Paddywhack said:

There's several really popular TV shows, films or whatever that I don't really like but I can see why other people like them (Breaking Bad for example), but I never got it with this show. It all seemed a bit drab to me....maybe because the first series was filmed in Birmingham LOL.

I need to revisit it I think, I'm clearly missing something. I believe it's supposed to get better as it goes on?

Trust me ,your not alone . Line of Duty isn't as good as it thinks it is . Imo ,a load of convoluted, pretentious crap . I felt the same way with Luther, I think that what something to do with the tweed jacket he constantly wore .

I'll take True Detective, every time , now that's how you do a cop show .

2 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

Trust me ,your not alone . Line of Duty isn't as good as it thinks it is . Imo ,a load of convoluted, pretentious crap . I felt the same way with Luther, I think that what something to do with the tweed jacket he constantly wore .

Different Strokes for different folks. I enjoy Line of Duty and loved Luther.

True Detective season 1 is absolutely brilliant - up there with some of the best TV ever. Season 2 of TD is absolutely bobbins. Completely unwatchable. But if we all liked the same stuff the world would be boring!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

3 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

Different Strokes for different folks. I enjoy Line of Duty and loved Luther.

True Detective season 1 is absolutely brilliant - up there with some of the best TV ever. Season 2 of TD is absolutely bobbins. Completely unwatchable. But if we all liked the same stuff the world would be boring!

Agree with TA. Season 1 of True Detective was fantastic. Better than Line of Duty.

But if you're talking convoluted, pretentious crap, then season 2 of TD is exactly that. So far up it's own arse it got lost. Trying to be way too complicated for it's own good. Some good performances but ended up a pretty shite season. It got panned by pretty much everyone.

It's no wonder Season 3 very very nearly got canned.

(that being said, I'm still excited now that it appears Season 3 will be happening)

As for Luther, I struggled with that initially too. But once you realise it's not a real cop show, it's a much easier watch. it's effectively a superhero show.

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

No ! I'm losing faith in all thing's Netflix  

How come?

I'm losing track of all the things Netflix release... it seems as though there is a new show every week. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Xela said:

How come?

I'm losing track of all the things Netflix release... it seems as though there is a new show every week. 

There are a lot of things I enjoy on Netflix, I also like the fact you can get all the episodes at once.

I think overall they are pretty good.

On 01/12/2017 at 09:46, PieFacE said:

Anyone looking forward to watching Dark on Netflix?

Trailer;

Comes out today!

I've whizzed through the first 5 episodes. It's pretty **** good so far. 

• Like 1

Finished Mindhunter & Mr. Mercedes.  Liked both of those.  Currently half way through The Sinner and re-visited Star Trek : Discovery.  Probably start Dark afterwards.

46 minutes ago, AVFCDAN said:

Can Dark be watched with subs rather than the dubbing? Really not a fan of that.

Yes. Go to the audio settings. Change audio to German and subs to English.

I'm the same, can't stand watching anything dubbed. Takes away half of the performance of the actors. Don't really know why that's the automatic setting for Netflix

5 minutes ago, hogso said:

*anime fan hat on* Depends on the dub.

Unless it's a kung-fu movie*, dubbing is terrible.

* and even that's because it's bloody hilarious.

Â