Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

On 4/18/2017 at 21:14, Stevo985 said:

Better Call Saul is just wonderful.

The stuff with Mike is fascinating. He hardly says a word but the story is brilliant.

And I know i said it last week, but it all looks so **** good in 4K

He seems to have got himself into a right old pickle. Good episode!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Designer1 said:

I have to admit I did a little geeky eek when a certain location and then character appeared :)

They spoiled it by having him in the promotional email announcing the new series was available on Netflix. :(

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

They spoiled it by having him in the promotional email announcing the new series was available on Netflix. :(

Yeah, it was way too blatant even though most people knew he'd return.

Spoiler

I did love how last season, the first letter of each episode spelt out FRINGSBACK though. That was brilliant.

2 hours ago, Davkaus said:

Phew, I missed that so it was a relative surprise, even though I knew it was coming at some point. 

Netflix is a **** for spoilers, though. Promotional images of later seasons of multi-season shows with prominent characters missing/present, showing who's still alive/possibly dead. Worst of all is if you accidentally hover over the time bar, it shows you a still image of that particular moment in the movie/show. Had a few minor spoilers thanks to that, including Fring's two-face moment...

Finished iron fist, ending was a bit meh tbh. I would say probably the weakest out of all the marvels.

debating whether to start prison break or give better call Saul another shot and start season 2 after not bring impressed with season 1

Started watching Into the Badlands- utterly ridiculous and lots of fun.

and The Detectorists - brilliantly written with a great charm and warmth. 

So very similar shows really :D ;)

One thing I'll say about Into the Badlands is that it has exactly the kind of fight choreography that was sorely missing in Iron Fist. 

1 hour ago, Designer1 said:

Started watching Into the Badlands- utterly ridiculous and lots of fun.

and The Detectorists - brilliantly written with a great charm and warmth. 

So very similar shows really :D ;)

One thing I'll say about Into the Badlands is that it has exactly the kind of fight choreography that was sorely missing in Iron Fist. 

Said it before.

The similarities between Marton Csokas character Quinn, and Kenneth Branagh's Dr Loveless in "Wild Wild West" are striking :)

Started watching Mad Men since it's now on Netflix. Three episodes in and it's very good. I can see why it might not appeal to some, but I'm enjoying it so far. I'm also in a similar field occupation-wise so it's interesting to learn about some of the great advertising campaigns through history.

I feel like I'm getting lung cancer and liver failure just by watching it though, Jesus. Oh and the sheer misogyny, were things really that bad back then?

On 21/04/2017 at 18:05, sne said:

So another season of The X-Files :o

Really wasn't expecting that.

The recent one was OK (-ish) but nothing more. 

I really enjoyed 'the event' mini series, thought it was really good stuff.

29 minutes ago, Ginko said:

Started watching Mad Men since it's now on Netflix. Three episodes in and it's very good. 

Jealous of anyone watching it from the start.

Comfortably in my top five shows of all time.

• Like 1

Wow, the fight choreography in Iron Fist :o. Is it intentionally bad? I mean, I can't believed that someone 'OKed' it if not.  Characters dodge punches before they're thrown and others clearly don't land. It's like an poorly rehearsed dance. I'm not sure I've ever seen worse.

Started watching 13 reasons why after the match today. 10 hours later i have barely moved & have 2 episodes left which i am about to watch now even though that means i will be lucky to get 3 hours sleep before work.

Has a nice pump up the volume / reality bites / heathers, Generation-X type feel to it even though it is set today. Not the easiest watch & some daft choices/behaviours make it a bit unbelievable/cliche at times but i have really enjoyed it and can't go to sleep until i have seen the end.

Edited by LakotaDakota
  • Like 2

Â