Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

11 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I went back to the start of this thread yesterday and found a recommendation for "15 Storeys High", a comedy by Sean Locke.

2 episodes in. I thought the first episode was completely shit. But the second one was very good, so hopefully it carries on like that!

Ooh never heard of that and I love Sean Lock.  Julie noted :thumb:

• Like 1

On 18/03/2017 at 12:50, Mat Kendrick's Dentist said:

Gets better and better and better until.......

It gets cancelled.

Re Hannibal

From my perspective the first 2 seasons were fantastic, making his implied history come to life in such a dark and cerebrial way.

Im a big fan of the books, as id wager are a great deal of the shows fans, desperate to get more of the fix.

However this was where the series died in the third installment, it just fleshed out the best of the books, and its two previous films.

I suppose this was the problem with it, that it was bound to catch up to the books at some point and thus lose a lot of its originality.

The fantastic dark presentation was still there but without the original script it was bound to lose a great deal of its fans.

The main problem faced now is how to get it back to any kind of originallity as there is not a lot of room left in the timeline for maneuvering.

Edited by Nigel

On 21/03/2017 at 10:14, Stevo985 said:

I went back to the start of this thread yesterday and found a recommendation for "15 Storeys High", a comedy by Sean Locke.

2 episodes in. I thought the first episode was completely shit. But the second one was very good, so hopefully it carries on like that!

I think when you watch the lot and go back to the first episode you'll enjoy it more . 

1 hour ago, Brumerican said:

I think when you watch the lot and go back to the first episode you'll enjoy it more . 

I think you could say that about 90% of comedies. I find that more than any other genre requires you to adjust to the show before you start enjoying it.

Pretty much every comedy I've ever seen I don't really like the first episode. With a few exceptions.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I think you could say that about 90% of comedies. I find that more than any other genre requires you to adjust to the show before you start enjoying it.

Pretty much every comedy I've ever seen I don't really like the first episode. With a few exceptions.

Took me 3 series of Always Sunny to appreciate it. Now I think the early stuff is some of the best.

Rick & Morty took me about 3 episodes.

Feature length American adaptation for Netflix of Death Note. 

The anime adaptation is great, and the two live action Japanese adaptations were decent (there was another one, maybe two? That were weird), this looks...kinda odd, some curious set pieces fans won't be familiar with, I'll certainly give it a watch. 

• Like 1

Finally finished Gilmore Girls. ( Well the original 7 seasons, not seen the new stuff ). I am at a loss to explain what was so addictive about it, given that the main characters had the tendency to be intensely annoying at times, but there we go. I think it was just one of those easy shows I can just have on in the background. 

16 hours ago, heffoman said:

Finished Iron Fist. Very so so. At least it was better than Luke Cage.

For the supreme fighter well he's kinda sh*t. Gets the crap kicked out of him a lot. And seems to have little or no muscle at all. 

I am on episode 3 . 

I have seen more believable fight scenes in Power Rangers !

Marvel has money and so do Netflix , so why does this look so bloody cheap ? 

21 minutes ago, Brumerican said:

I am on episode 3 . 

I have seen more believable fight scenes in Power Rangers !

Marvel has money and so do Netflix , so why does this look so bloody cheap ? 

Netflix's budgets are surprisingly small. They basically didn't have the money needed to really do Iron Fist justice - to the extent they chopped an awful lot of the Iron Fist story. It gets better though.

Mostly.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Yesterday, I casually mentioned that I was thinking about trying Battlestar Galactica. Today, a colleague brought it in on 24 DVDs...I'd better get busy.

Am actually plowing through it now.

I'm 4 episodes into the 3:rd season.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Yesterday, I casually mentioned that I was thinking about trying Battlestar Galactica. Today, a colleague brought it in on 24 DVDs...I'd better get busy.

It's pretty bloody terrific for the most part.

• Like 1

Iron Fist is ok, having finished it. Starts badly, gets better, is ok until the finale which dips at the death. It's set up a few interesting threads to pick up on a second series or in the Defenders, and I like a lot of the expansion of things from Daredevil, but it's partly miscast, the fights vary between dreadful and just not good enough, and they shy away from too much of the character's (and associated things) world. If you liked the other series it's with a watch but set your sights lower and you'll find an enjoyable enough series, but it's not Daredevil.

1 hour ago, Chindie said:

Iron Fist is ok, having finished it. Starts badly, gets better, is ok until the finale which dips at the death. It's set up a few interesting threads to pick up on a second series or in the Defenders, and I like a lot of the expansion of things from Daredevil, but it's partly miscast, the fights vary between dreadful and just not good enough, and they shy away from too much of the character's (and associated things) world. If you liked the other series it's with a watch but set your sights lower and you'll find an enjoyable enough series, but it's not Daredevil.

Couple of episodes left and it's very much in the 'OK but could have been so much better' bracket for me.

I don't mind Finn Jones casting as much as some people seem to have but I think he's been short-changed by the script for the most part.

Nice to see the lovely Rosario Dawson given a decent amount of screen time though. My lord, I love that woman :D

• Like 2

Â