Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

20 hours ago, StanBalaban said:

Took a couple of long(ish) flights on Emirates recently and watched the entire series of 11.22.63 on their boxsets.

Not bad at all IMO.

I think it ended weakly, 

6 hours ago, useless said:

The new HBO 'mini series' Night Of, is getting rave reviews and being compared to True Detective.

I shall check it out, thanks !

It's good but didn't really remind of True Detective, although I think fans of that show would enjoy it. The atmosphere and way it's shot actually reminded me of Luther, although there's no character like Luther in it. Was originally going to star James Gandolfini, he has a credit as executive producer. Also a familiar face from The Wire, who's pretty much the same character.

Just watched the last of the 3 part series, Exodus: Our Journey to Europe, about refugees coming to Europe. Amazing television. Catch it on iPlayer, if you can. 

4 hours ago, useless said:

It's good but didn't really remind of True Detective, although I think fans of that show would enjoy it. The atmosphere and way it's shot actually reminded me of Luther, although there's no character like Luther in it. Was originally going to star James Gandolfini, he has a credit as executive producer. Also a familiar face from The Wire, who's pretty much the same character.

That was a great first episode. Reminded me of David Fincher.

• Like 1

Saw the first episode of "The Night Of"

Looked pretty interesting, but hard to tell after 1 episode. Could go either way.

I do like John Turturro thou.

33 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Anyone watch containment last night? Thoughts?

Some of the acting was a bit wooden, but not too bad. Be interesting to see sheer it goes.. Hopefully just not copies films of similar mould

It's based on a Belgian series called "Cordon" that is actually not that bad.

Second season coming this autumn I think.

Edit: Second season for the original Belgian version that is.

Edited by sne

1 hour ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Mr Robot series 2. First 2 episodes on Amazon Prime.

Just watched them both. Definitely scene-setters for the new season. There was quite a lot to take in whilst not an awful lot happening, if that makes sense?

Nice use of a bit of Phil Collins though and I've learned that "crisis-actor" is perceived to be a real thing.

Pretty sure containment has already been cancelled. It does have a proper ending apparently.

It's fairly good, not a classic or anything but worth keeping up with.

Watched the first season of Ballers - wasn't that taken with it initially but as it went along, it completely changed my mind.

Looking forward to Season 2 which starts on the 26th July (followed by Vice Prinicipals on Sky Atlantic, which looks amusing)

Â