Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

13 minutes ago, hogso said:

No official confirmation yet, but the new series of Robot Wars is due to start at the end of the month.

Here's a run down of the competitors;

EPISODE ONE

• Behemoth
  • Bonk
  • Carbide
  • Kill-E-Crank-E
  • Nuts
  • Razer
  • Terrorhurtz
  • The General

EPISODE TWO

• Chimera
  • Disconstructor
  • Draven
  • Foxic
  • M.R Speed Squared
  • Shockwave
  • Thor
  • Tough as Nails

EPISODE THREE

• Big Nipper
  • Dantomkia
  • Glitterbomb
  • King B Remix
  • Orte
  • Overdozer
  • Supernova
  • TR2

EPISODE FOUR

• Apollo
  • Eruption
  • Kan-Opener
  • PP3D
  • Sabretooth
  • Storm 2
  • Sweeney Todd
  • Terror Turtle

EPISODE FIVE

• Beast
  • Chompalot
  • Crazy Coupe 88
  • Gabriel
  • Infernal Contraption
  • Ironside 3
  • Pulsar
  • Thermidor 2

Episode 6 will be the grand final. Lots of familiar names!

Haha i remember so many of those names, Thermidor 2, Storm 2, Terrorhurtz e.t.c

Especially the one in bold Razer that robot was a beast.

It could have easily been a house robot if it wanted it was that well designed basically a giant hydraulic pincer with wheels.

I think it won loads of the shows if i remember but what pissed me off is it could have torn some of the house robots a new one as well but they never did maybe they were warned not to? if they dish it out they should be able to take punishment in return.

There is even a robot called Draven? does it throw axes?

Edited by AshVilla

I believe projectiles were banned in the previous series, so presume it's the same this time around - same with nets, tazers and flame throwers. So perhaps it has the name for a different reason :D

As for Razer, yeah it always was amazing, but I recall especially in the earlier series when it appeared it suffered from technical problems which held it back a bit. Making a properly dangerous robot that can take and give punishment is an engineering feat in itself, but perhaps the bigger challenge it making it work all the time.

On 07/07/2016 at 09:26, rjw63 said:

Just finished season 3 of The Blacklist...I sorta thought that was going to happen :)

I wish it hadn't though! Show could do with a fresh start, think it got a bit stale in S3

Currently on my rota:

Billions S1 

Wayward Pines S2

Legends S2

I struggle watching more than a few things at once! I just don't get the time and the football in recent weeks has meant I am falling behind on a few of the shows. Also want to get back into Ray Donovan and would like to start Banshee and Mr Robot. Also looking forward to S2 of Ballers

Edited by Xela

4 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

What's mr robot like?

He's charming and a very tender lover. :P

Honestly, I really enjoyed it. Very deliberately paced and definitely draws inspiration from a very well known movie (I won't say which as it would be a bit of a spoiler), but unlike much else on TV. Once I got into it, I got through the episodes like no one's business.

Core concept involves the underworld of hackers vs. a big, evil corporate giant which is obviously not a new theme, but the approach and atmosphere is brilliant IMO. Definitely worth a shot.

• Like 1

Half way thought Orange is the back series 4 and Marco oolo

OitNB is th still the best show you'll ever watch with your missus, everything about it says it's a woman's drama, it's brillaimt

maric polo is more of an aquided taste at times the acting and the script is shocking,. I like it though, they've built a great believable world and the bloke who play kublai blows it out the park

id say both suffer from the same thing, the main character is the shittest one in it 

10 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Half way thought Orange is the back series 4 and Marco oolo

OitNB is th still the best show you'll ever watch with your missus, everything about it says it's a woman's drama, it's brillaimt

id say both suffer from the same thing, the main character is the shittest one in it 

Luckily Chapman seems to play a reduced role this season. Still incredibly annoying with ridiculous storylines but otyer characters seem to get more airtime.

Having finished Banshee, I'm making a case for it to be up there with the GOATS. 

4 tight seasons, all killer no filler - brilliant conclusion. 

Great characters

Great acting 

Brilliant concept and overall story 

The best violence and fight scenes I've ever seen on TV 

Deserves much wider acclaim IMO. 

• Like 2

Can anyone recommend any decent series on amazon prime?

I like pretty much all of Netflix's original programming e.g. house of cards, oitnb, narcos etc.

Wasn't overly impressed with the man in the high castle. Promised a lot, delivered little.

13 minutes ago, darrenm said:

I like pretty much all of Netflix's original programming e.g. house of cards, oitnb, narcos etc.

Wasn't overly impressed with the man in the high castle. Promised a lot, delivered little.

Preacher.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wazzap24 said:

Having finished Banshee, I'm making a case for it to be up there with the GOATS. 

4 tight seasons, all killer no filler - brilliant conclusion. 

Definitely on my watch list. 

1 hour ago, darrenm said:

Bosch is pretty decent. I loved the books and season 1 was good. Haven't started season 2 yet.

Lucifer is ok... watchable but not memorable 

Â