Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

6 minutes ago, Zatman said:

1st episodes of both were different for me 

Archer :mellow:

Banshee :)

though I think Archer changing concept could be good for the season though once not like Archer Vice

Yeah was underwhelmed by S07E01 of Archer, but hoping it's just an introduction to a slightly new direction in the series.

Been watching Shameless on Netflix. Great series, makes me appreciate my quiet life.. yet at the same time yearn for a crazy **** up life that challenges you in every way and just living one day at a time. Only 3 seasons on it there and I'm almost through it... I assumed that was the end of it, but turns out there's 3 more seasons after it so TWD can **** right off.

Been watching Shameless on Netflix. Great series, makes me appreciate my quiet life.. yet at the same time yearn for a crazy **** up life that challenges you in every way and just living one day at a time. Only 3 seasons on it there and I'm almost through it... I assumed that was the end of it, but turns out there's 3 more seasons after it so TWD can **** right off.

British Shameless? Goes downhill after series 3 I'm afraid. Did pick up again near the end as I remember.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, chappy said:

British Shameless? Goes downhill after series 3 I'm afraid. Did pick up again near the end as I remember.

Yeah, the latter series are among some of the worst TV I've ever had the misfortune to watch.

So rewatching game of thrones in preparation for season 6. Think it's even better on second viewing as little things that may have been missed first time round are now more apparent (especially as reading the books as well now).

• Like 1

Just now, mikeyp102 said:

So rewatching game of thrones in preparation for season 6. Think it's even better on second viewing as little things that may have been missed first time round are now more apparent (especially as reading the books as well now).

I've just finished doing this. Definitely better on second viewing! 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, chappy said:

No, the US one. I wasn't aware there was a Uk version until I was well into season 2. I had a look at the UK one and it didn't look near as good in quality and casting. Maybe I'm wrong though, maybe it was just hard to get my head around them looking and acting different.

Ignorance is bliss though.. the US one is a excellent.

No, the US one. I wasn't aware there was a Uk version until I was well into season 2. I had a look at the UK one and it didn't look near as good in quality and casting. Maybe I'm wrong though, maybe it was just hard to get my head around them looking and acting different.

Ignorance is bliss though.. the US one is a excellent.

Script and storylines taken from UK version!

• Like 1

Two episodes into Banshee and I hope I warm to some of the characters because currently I dislike them all.  The main protagonist is a dick.  The main villain is not well cast IMO.  He's like a bit-parter who has landed a prominent role.  Anyone I'll give it time because it has come recommended on several fronts, but sometimes I just get a feeling for things (which I try not to make self-fulfilling).  It's the same reason I wasn't bowled over by The Leftovers.  I didn't 'like' any of them.

1 hour ago, BOF said:

Two episodes into Banshee and I hope I warm to some of the characters because currently I dislike them all.  The main protagonist is a dick.  The main villain is not well cast IMO.  He's like a bit-parter who has landed a prominent role.  Anyone I'll give it time because it has come recommended on several fronts, but sometimes I just get a feeling for things (which I try not to make self-fulfilling).  It's the same reason I wasn't bowled over by The Leftovers.  I didn't 'like' any of them.

It does get better. It's proper take your brain out television, but there's lots of boobs, shagging and killing and it's pretty fun. 

I know you're not comparing it to the Leftovers, but Leftovers is 10 times better. If you didn't make it to season 2 of Leftovers, I strongly advise that you go back and persevere with season 1..... season 2 is **** awesome and completely bonkers!!! Probably my favourite individual season of any show. 

Â