Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

In all seriousness I like the idea of an Aunt Marie spin off, but really they should just leave the whole thing alone now. Better Call Saul, would have been better if it was it's own show with it's own storyline that isn't dictated by what's happened in another TV series, and I think that will make things worse as things go on, especially if it runs parallel with the Breaking Bad timeline.

In all seriousness I like the idea of an Aunt Marie spin off, but really they should just leave the whole thing alone now. Better Call Saul, would have been better if it was it's own show with it's own storyline that isn't dictated by what's happened in another TV series, and I think that will make things worse as things go on, especially if it runs parallel with the Breaking Bad timeline.

If it was it's own show Kim could have moved in with Chuck and Saul and the show could have been like the new Frasier.

I could not disagree more with both of these posts. I love the fact that we're revisiting the Breaking Bad universe and I think season one of BCS has been fantastic.

I'm not sure if serious, but a Marie spin-off would be shit, despite how much I enjoyed her character. However, I did think they felt the need to make her more interesting and shoehorned in the whole kleptomaniac angle. It didn't really work for me and was pretty weak.

Episode one of Marie: Purple Haze -- Wakes up in her purple bed, puts on her purple clothes, leaves her purple house and goes to the purple store to steal something purple. Returns home and goes to purple bed and cries purple tears into her purple pillow because she misses Hank. Nine more episodes to go.

Edited by Ginko

I'm not saying a series with Kim, Saul and Hank would be better than Frasier but it could have been good.

My first idea for a Aunt Marie spin off was one where she's battling with kleptomania but follows the 'code of Hank' which states that she only steals from the bad guys to help good people or maybe people affected badly by the drugs trade. When she's in danger of relapsing Hank could appear in visions to spur her on or make sure she does the right thing.

As for the discussion of Better Call Saul

Everyone is talking about what it was that caused him to 'break bad' and everyone has a point but no one has suggested that he did it partly just because, well, he wanted to.

The last thing his mate said to him before he died was 'this has been the best week of my life' I kind of think that Saul realised that he had missed the buzz as well

I mean what was he doing before? the whole series seemed to show him as having a pertty damn boring life, he reads out bingo numbers to old people for christ sake, the only time he felt alive was when he was bending the rules. I kind of think that's what the part when he saves the dude on the scaffolding was saying, even though it wasn't directly related, that happened because he was playing dirty against the bigger law firm with the bill board and it gave him a rush and he ultimately gained publicity through essentially being a bit of a bastard

I'm not saying a series with Kim, Saul and Hank would be better than Frasier but it could have been good.

My first idea for a Aunt Marie spin off was one where she's battling with kleptomania but follows the 'code of Hank' which states that she only steals from the bad guys to help good people or maybe people affected badly by the drugs trade. When she's in danger of relapsing Hank could appear in visions to spur her on or make sure she does the right thing.

I think we've discovered why you're not a TV writer ;)

And I thought you were kidding about the Frasier thing... wow.

Hank would never spur her on to steal anything, regardless of who it was from. It sounds like you're saying you'd prefer this spin-off with Marie you've concocted to Better Call Saul  :blink:

As for the discussion of Better Call Saul

Everyone is talking about what it was that caused him to 'break bad' and everyone has a point but no one has suggested that he did it partly just because, well, he wanted to.

The last thing his mate said to him before he died was 'this has been the best week of my life' I kind of think that Saul realised that he had missed the buzz as well

I mean what was he doing before? the whole series seemed to show him as having a pertty damn boring life, he reads out bingo numbers to old people for christ sake, the only time he felt alive was when he was bending the rules. I kind of think that's what the part when he saves the dude on the scaffolding was saying, even though it wasn't directly related, that happened because he was playing dirty against the bigger law firm with the bill board and it gave him a rush and he ultimately gained publicity through essentially being a bit of a bastard

Yup, another good point well made.

Edited by Ginko

Oh I don't know, it'd still be better than most of what BBC3 produces to be fair, and would probably be just a little more entertaining than TOWIE et al.

And miles better than The Mighty Boosh, of course ;)

Edited by Ginko
  • Like 1

I think we've discovered why you're not a TV writer ;)

And I thought you were kidding about the Frasier thing... wow.

Hank would never spur her on to steal anything, regardless of who it was from. It sounds like you're saying you'd prefer this spin-off with Marie you've concocted to Better Call Saul  :blink:

Why would I be kidding about the Frasier thing, the main point was that I think 'Better Call Saul' would have been better of going in it's own direction and being a stand alone series with nothing to do with Breaking Bad.

I was joking about Aunt Marie and the 'code of Hank' spin off, but if that have had happened I can guarantee there would be people in this thread saying how amazing it is, simply because of it's association with Breaking Bad.

• Like 1

If he knew he couldn't stop her dark urges, maybe at least he could at least control them, so that they only affect the bad guys. Maybe the code says that she should only steal from drug dealers. Hank's not the most moral person anyway.

Why would you be kidding about making a sitcom spin-off of Breaking Bad with Saul, Chuck and Kim all living together?

No, you're right mate. It would totally fit with the BB universe and not be shit at all. You should definitely pitch it to AMC...

:unsure:

If he knew he couldn't stop her dark urges, maybe at least he could at least control them, so that they only affect the bad guys. Maybe the code says that she should only steal from drug dealers. Hank's not the most moral person anyway.

Hank was massively moral! He showed that right up until he died since he was an absolute bad-ass knowing he was about to get his head blown off.

Besides which, Hank is dead! So if he came to Marie in visions, it would just be her memory of Hank, which would not urge her to fulfil her stealing ways as he didn't when he found out when he was alive. And if he came in some supernatural form, then that would not only be absolute bullshit, but he'd sure as hell not be egging her on to continue her stealing anyway.

Stealing is hardly a dark urge, is it? You miss the whole point about Marie. She didn't do it because she had to, like say... Dexter did with his 'Dark Passenger', she did it for the thrill of it. I think with everything that's gone on in her family that she would be sick of thrills, personally.

And Better Call Saul couldn't possibly have gone in its own direction and not be related to Breaking Bad. It'd make absolutely no sense, just like your ludicrous Frasier-esque spin-off. And no-one would be singing the praises of your Marie spin-off just because it starred characters from Breaking Bad. I'm telling you that now. There's a reason Vince Gilligan made Better Call Saul and not Stealing with Marie.

Edited by Ginko

Hank was massively moral! He showed that right up until he died since he was an absolute bad-ass knowing he was about to get his head blown off.

Besides which, Hank is dead! So if he came to Marie in visions, it would just be her memory of Hank, which would not urge her to fulfil her stealing ways as he didn't when he found out when he was alive. And if he came in some supernatural form, then that would not only be absolute bullshit, but he'd sure as hell not be egging her on to continue her stealing anyway.

Stealing is hardly a dark urge, is it? You miss the whole point about Marie. She didn't do it because she had to, like say... Dexter did with his 'Dark Passenger', she did it for the thrill of it. I think with everything that's gone on in her family that she would be sick of thrills, personally.

And Better Call Saul couldn't possibly have gone in its own direction and not be related to Breaking Bad. It'd make absolutely no sense, just like your ludicrous Frasier-esque spin-off. And no-one would be singing the praises of your Marie spin-off just because it starred characters from Breaking Bad. I'm telling you that now. There's a reason Vince Gilligan made Better Call Saul and not Stealing with Marie.

If my Aunt Marie and the 'code of Hank' ever get's made then I guarantee that in years to come people will be shocked to discover that it's a spin off of Breaking Bad and not the other way around. I've been re-watching BB recently and I have to say it hasn't aged very well, especially season three, a vastly overrated show, my message to any budding script writers is not to become fixated with it.

Â