Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

Full on minge shots? I'll add it to my list of must watch shows.

Finished Season 4 of 24 on Saturday. Brilliant! Started Season 5 now...  

Where it goes downhill imo. 1-4 are great, 5 marks a progression to a jumping the shark approach for the rest of the show ( yes I know the general premise is insane anyway, but even with that said it does get ludicrous in season 6 especially ) . But still good though.

5 is incredibly entertaining.  

6 is horrendous, but then 7 shows a marked improvement and 8 is somewhere in between.

I do a lot of my TV watching on my Galaxy tab in the train on the way to work. Some things though like GOT I only watch in high def wide screen glory.

Xela what did you actually watch ever? No wire, sporanos or breaking bad. Have you recently found Tv? ;)

Good question! I think for a number of years I didn't have time. Must have had a better social life than I do now! Plus for 3 years I never had a TV. Not as difficult as it sounds to be honest. I read a lot more! 

Where it goes downhill imo. 1-4 are great, 5 marks a progression to a jumping the shark approach for the rest of the show ( yes I know the general premise is insane anyway, but even with that said it does get ludicrous in season 6 especially ) . But still good though.
first episode of season 5 is incredible.

Doesn't reach those heights again after that.

Yeah the first episode was fantastic. 

Finally got around to watching C4's Man Vs Weird with Simon Farnaby - quite amusing seeing him trot around the world meeting people with 'super powers' especially the electricity conducting bloke from Serbia!!!

He was quite dubious about the so-called 'magnetic' folk - putting it down to their weight and clammy skin!

Worth looking at online if you've a spare 45-50mins

Finally got around to watching C4's Man Vs Weird with Simon Farnaby - quite amusing seeing him trot around the world meeting people with 'super powers' especially the electricity conducting bloke from Serbia!!!

He was quite dubious about the so-called 'magnetic' folk - putting it down to their weight and clammy skin!

Worth looking at online if you've a spare 45-50mins

I can't look at him without seeing the character with a conker for a head that he played in The Mighty Boosh.

• Like 3

Oh, a good film is all right, now and then. Starts and ends in a couple of hours.

And one-off TV programmes - dramas or documentaries - are fine. 

It's the spun-out serial drama that is such a time thief. 

Not saying I never watch them, I do - recently worked through The Killing and The Bridge (I quite like yer nordic noir). But having done that I need a good long break, rather than diving into another bloody box set. 

I can't deny that HBO have a fantastic track record, but the way people go on about their stuff, it would seem to be like heroin. 

I watched all of Breaking Bad in one fairly condensed block and that really did have me hooked. But that coincided with spending a stupid amount of time away in hotels with time to kill, so that worked out ok. I wouldn't have been committed enough to wait on weekly episodes or the next 'season' as we now have to refer to any series. Life's too short to be wishing it away to see if made up Kevin finally shoots / shags / finds made up Julie.

I'm currently watching Fargo on 4OD, I usually end up watching it later on the night it's first broadcast, but it's really good these days being able to watch stuff when the time works out rather than having to arrange my schedule around a tv schedule. I'd have lost track of the programme around about episode 3 in the old days as I got engrossed in something else one night (like reading a newspaper or making the kids' packed lunches for the next day). So the tech makes watching a series a lot easier for me these days.

Once Fargo is done I'll eventually pick something else up, but I'll leave it a few weeks before I do, have a rest from being committed to telly - I've never seen a single episode of the Soprano's so I might go for that.

Got back to Breaking Bad, its started to get interesting, in season 3. Due to talk of orange is the new black I am 4 episodes in to that and enjoying a lot and then of course the final season of true blood starts in a week or two. 

Â