Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

Season 1-4 of 24 was epic. Season 5 was decent. The rest atrocious.

Although I know this new season of 24 is pretty woeful, im really enjoying it in a strange sort of way. Brings back lots of nostalgia of watching a full season in 3 days when in sixth form.

Just finished watching the wire for the 2nd time. Season 4 imo is the greatest series of any tv show ever made.

It isn't without flaws (it's a bit tame, but then again it is a minimum security prison), but I think it is worth watching as a change of pace from the usual male dominated, flawed anti-hero stuff we are usually fed. I mean, how many troubled but cool/borderline genius men do we need?

Panorama, Brazil: In the Shadow of the Stadiums on BBC1 tonight. Focusing on child prostitution in Brazil, and how the police appear to be turning a blind eye. Pretty grim viewing, and uncomfortable to watch at times, but very good. 

Edited by dAVe80

It isn't without flaws (it's a bit tame, but then again it is a minimum security prison), but I think it is worth watching as a change of pace from the usual male dominated, flawed anti-hero stuff we are usually fed. I mean, how many troubled but cool/borderline genius men do we need?

I've no problem with it being about women. I like that about it.

I just found that after the first few episodes, nothing actually happened.

Just finished Season 2 of Hannibal,  super series and the last episode was utterly amazing.

Usually I know where these are going but I really did not see the ending for this one.

Worth watching it just for that episode, there is a tic toc all the way through in the background and it really was amazing.

(The penultimate episode was also brilliant,  but in a real funny way.  PCP is the way to go for permanent facial hair loss/removal.)  Happy dogs though woof woof. :twisted:   

Pesky shaving and all that. (For those who watched it you will know what I mean :-))

I've no problem with it being about women. I like that about it.

I just found that after the first few episodes, nothing actually happened.

Have you tried "Prisoner Cell Block H"  :P

Just finished Season 2 of Hannibal,  super series and the last episode was utterly amazing.

Usually I know where these are going but I really did not see the ending for this one.

Worth watching it just for that episode, there is a tic toc all the way through in the background and it really was amazing.

(The penultimate episode was also brilliant,  but in a real funny way.  PCP is the way to go for permanent facial hair loss/removal.)  Happy dogs though woof woof. :twisted:   

Pesky shaving and all that. (For those who watched it you will know what I mean :-))

Last episode was pretty bloody amazing.

Thankfully it has got renewed for a third season, seeing how series 2 finished it will be interesting to see how season 3 starts

• Like 1

Season 1-4 of 24 was epic. Season 5 was decent. The rest atrocious.

Although I know this new season of 24 is pretty woeful, im really enjoying it in a strange sort of way. Brings back lots of nostalgia of watching a full season in 3 days when in sixth form.

Just finished watching the wire for the 2nd time. Season 4 imo is the greatest series of any tv show ever made.

i thought: 

S1-3 were awesome. 

S4 was ok

S5-6 were awful

S7 was decent

S8 was good.

As for The Wire S4, is it better than Breaking Bad S5, 24 S3 or Heroes S1?

You know what makes me sad, I was late to the Sherlock party, and then I binge watched them all last month, and now I hear its over a year before I can watch anymore. This makes me sad, and angry.

Last episode was pretty bloody amazing.

Thankfully it has got renewed for a third season, seeing how series 2 finished it will be interesting to see how season 3 starts

I just love the way Hannibal has always been one step ahead of everybody and the way he just manipulates them

• Like 1

As for The Wire S4, is it better than Breaking Bad S5, 24 S3 or Heroes S1?

The Wire Season 4 is better than anything 24 or Heroes has ever produced, and by a considerable margin (and I love 24 and enjoyed Heroes Season 1 before it dived off the biggest of big cliffs). In fact I'd say it's better than anything that's ever been produced by anyone for TV ever...

...EXCEPT, possibly, Breaking Bad Season 5. That's the only thing that's ever run it close, imo. I still can't decide which is better, but they're both incredible.

Â