Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

Enjoyed the new episode of Rectify, although wish I'd have watched the first season again to remind me of what's going on a bit. It's available to stream on the Sundance website as well.

just wrapped up the last episode of Fargo

very good, quite graphic and violent in parts, but quality piece of tv

second thing I've enjoyed with Bob Odenkirk in it, though two very different roles

scriptwriting, acting and cinematography (?) on some tv projects really is high at the moment 

• Like 1

Here's something I want to know regarding Fargo

Did he let the car salesman go? 

Both cars were gone when Lester came out to see where Malvo had gone.

Seems uncharacteristic, was that a sign that he was growing tired of it?

Was there more of a significance to the tapes than just them helping to nail Lester. Were they like an insurance policy for Malvo? Have I missed something there?

Was there more of a significance to the tapes than just them helping to nail Lester. Were they like an insurance policy for Malvo? Have I missed something there?

There were two blood trails for the two FBI guys and another for Malvo's leg, and the neither of the cars were there when Lester went outside to look around at the end, so I think he got away.

That's what I thought.

More evidence of the Coen's involvement, imo. They often leave stuff like that to figure out yourself rather than have it shoved down your throat.

Farscape

Cast_of_Farscape_season_2.jpg

Rygel :D

I used to watch it back in the day when it was on BBC2 in the 6/6.45 slot. They made a follow up mini series to tie up the loose ends which I never saw, so that's good. The complete 4 series collection is rated an 18 - odd. I must investigate further.

When I'm done with that I'd like to move on to another old favourite, Lexx

Lexx.jpg

790 :D

Any other old fondly remembered sci fi series I might wish to revisit/visit for the first time anyone can think of?

Edited by hogso
  • Like 1

I see it similar to how Coens had Shigur in No Country for Old Men, basically they stopped showing him killing as the killing was implied due to his cold hearted unstoppable evil (the recurring theme in lots of Coen Brothers movies)

Edited by CVByrne

I see it similar to how Coens had Shigur in No Country for Old Men, basically they stopped showing him killing as the killing was implied due to his cold hearted unstoppable evil (the recurring theme in lots of Coen Brothers movies)

Yep, the first thing I thought of when I saw that scene was the scene at the end of NCFOM where you don't see if he kills Lwellyn's wife or not, but the clues are there.

That's what i was getting at above when I said you could see the Coen influence

Farscape

Cast_of_Farscape_season_2.jpg

Rygel :D

I used to watch it back in the day when it was on BBC2 in the 6/6.45 slot. They made a follow up mini series to tie up the loose ends which I never saw, so that's good. The complete 4 series collection is rated an 18 - odd. I must investigate further.

I loved Farscape.  Utterly farcical, bat-shit bonkers, wonderful.  And I have to mention...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8ivnFZiGNM

When I'm done with that I'd like to move on to another old favourite, Lexx

I could never get into Lexx though.

Any other old fondly remembered sci fi series I might wish to revisit/visit for the first time anyone can think of?

I started re-watching Space: Above & Beyond a few months back, that was definitely worth it.  Battlestar before Battlestar (but, erm, after the old Battlestar).

My mom loves Question of Sport, so we've decided to watch Question of Sport SUPER SATURDAY

It is ABSOLUTE total shite

I've not watched it, but I already knew that. I said on a different thread, basically they removed all the good things about the show (the questions about sport), and replaced them with more of Phil Tufnell and Matt Dawson titting about.  

Yep.

I mean it MIGHT still have been passable if they'd carried on using athletes as guests.

But no. They had Chris Ramsey, Louis Spence, that iranian female comedian and some other woman.

Crap.

Should be interesting to see what they do with season two of Fargo some people are guessing that it might involve Molly's dad in 1979 but I reckon they'll make a clean break from the current characters. Probably we'll be seeing that before the second season of True Detective.

Edited by useless

Eh there is a 2nd season of Fargo?!! I thought it was just a one off series. 

Don't know how I feel about there being another series, given by the name of the show it has all got to be in and around Fargo (ie same cold setting) which would become tedious tbh. 

Should be interesting to see what they do with season two of Fargo some people are guessing that it might involve Molly's dad in 1979 but I reckon they'll make a clean break from the current characters. Probably we'll be seeing that before the second season of True Detective.

From Wiki:

"Hawley confirmed that, if the series is renewed for a second season, it will be a new story featuring different characters."

• Like 1

Finished the first series of House of Cards last night.

Absolutely magnificent. Really looking forward to how the second series develops.

Particularly as the end of the first series started some very interesting story threads (Zoey's investigation / Gillian's lawsuit etc).

• Like 2

Â