Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

GoT is deep as fook. that's why it takes 1000000000 years to write a single book in the series.

It's has a complex intertwining story arc. That doesn't make it "deep" in any meaningful way.

That the characters are all shallow narcissists is half the point.

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.
  • Like 2

Yeah it's deep in a literal sense as in there is so much of it. 

The TV show captures this quite well, the only thing it lacks is that without the character POV it looks like it has clear 'goodies' and 'baddies'.

For Netflix, I have it on my phone, obviously via browser on any computer, on the PS3, on the Wii, but mainly on the Chromecast.

For £25 they're fantastic http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-Google-Chromecast-HDMI-Streaming-Media-Player-NETFLIX-YOUTUBE-HULU-PANDORA-/151235884949?pt=UK_Sound_Vision_Internet_TV_Media_Streamers&hash=item23365c7795

Has anyone mentioned House of Cards yet? That's great. Spacey rules.

Orange Is The New Black as well, can't wait till that's back.

Netflix are doing some great original stuff.

Mentioned it earlier in the thread, and I will again - Behind number 9. This week's episode wasn't as good, but the first was, and the second was great fun. The one thing on tv I look forward to seeing at the moment.

• Like 1

Anyone watched 'The Wire'? Meant to be proper good and it does look like it could be however I don't want it to just be all detective-e, hate that sorta' thing.

Yeah so would anyone recommend it?

I thought it was alright.

Edited by useless

Anyone watched 'The Wire'? Meant to be proper good and it does look like it could be however I don't want it to just be all detective-e, hate that sorta' thing.

:D

Serious answer:

Yeah mate. A LOT of people have watched it ;)

In short, it's the greatest TV series to have ever graced our screens, imo. Watch it.

If it's a serious question, then my god yes! Watch it! Watch it now! It's hard not to sound like I'm going over the top, but it is just brilliant. Also as mad as it sounds, it's not really a detective show. Yes it's set around a unit of the Baltimore PD, but it's so much more than that. There are no "goodies" and "baddies", just brilliant characters who will engage you and make you think about how they got to where they are. Give it a go honestly, you won't regret it.

• Like 1

Â