Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

I'll give you the standard warning though.

After the first couple of episodes it might seem a bit slow and you'll be wondering what they hype was. Push through that. Nearly everyone thinks it.

It's so worth it.

Yeah cheers I thought it would be like that to be honest, which is way I wanted to get some opinions off the average UK viewer before I watched it so I wasn't wasting my time.

I'd seen it was critically acclaimed in the states but didn't know anyone here who'd got into it.

sky anytime has it already, previewed it a week early, which at the time i thought was great, watched it, liked it, then realised it'll be 2 weeks until the next episode...

That was the best thing about Netflix dumping all over house of cards at the same time.

There's that much in True Detective that you can watch episodes more than once and see things you didn't see first time around. It's a show where you have to pay close attention and that applies to me doubley

I don't know why I just wrote the above sentence but I'll leave it as it is.

I don't know why I just wrote the above sentence but I'll leave it as it is...

• Like 1

The TV show captures this quite well, the only thing it lacks is that without the character POV it looks like it has clear 'goodies' and 'baddies'.

This is the main thing that bugs me about the show.

Somehow Robb Stark is made out to be this huge hero in the show, yet in the book, from the POVs you read, he's a bit of a stupid kid who risks his whole cause because he's a bit weak. 

Can't wait for the new season, it should be the season when Jaime starts to become a badass and the best character :D

Edited by MessiWillSignForVilla

Anyone watched 'The Wire'? Meant to be proper good and it does look like it could be however I don't want it to just be all detective-e, hate that sorta' thing.

Yeah so would anyone recommend it?

I watched 6 episodes of the wire and it was so slow to begin with I gave up. 'Cant be arsed I thought to myself'.

A year later id thought id give it another go and see what the hype was and endure the first few episodes again. So glad I did. Its fackin incrdible!!! Season 4 is the greatest series ive ever seen of anything in my life. The wire is more then just a tv show, its an education.

The wire and the sopranos are easily the 2 greatest shows ever made. Nothing comes close. As brilliant as breaking bad, GOT and boardwalk empire are, they hold nothing to the wire and sopranos.

• Like 1

Â