Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

True Detective is absolutely brilliant. Every episode is like a movie. Another HBO masterpiece.

One thing REALLY bugs me about the show in a big way though...woody harrelson! The guy cant act for shit. Really is miscast in this especially as a leading character.

Not gonna let him put me off too much though. Its a must watch show.

McConaughey is definitely the stronger of the two. Can't make my mind up about Harrelson as he keeps doing this stupid thing with his mouth that makes him look like Phil Neville.

• Like 1

True Detective is absolutely brilliant. Every episode is like a movie. Another HBO masterpiece.

One thing REALLY bugs me about the show in a big way though...woody harrelson! The guy cant act for shit. Really is miscast in this especially as a leading character.

Not gonna let him put me off too much though. Its a must watch show.

Zombieland-Sequel-Woody-Harrelson.jpg

• Like 1

I think Harrelson is alright but some actors seems to go over the top with certain incidental sounds like heavy breathing, sighing, the noises you make when sipping a cuppa and stuff like that It seems almost like they're trying to hard to come across as natural they overplay it, a bit like as a kid when you pretend to be asleep but go over the top with the snoring action.

Also 2012 Marty reminds me of Ian Dowie.

Edited by useless

Just watched the first two episodes of True Detective and it's rather wonderful.

Incredibly well written, brilliantly acted (Harrelson and McConaughey both immense) and the story draws you in from the off.

I'll never be able to watch the Percy Jackson movies the same way again, but it's a small price to pay.

I think Harrelson is alright but some actors seems to go over the top with certain incidental sounds like heavy breathing, sighing, the noises you make when sipping a cuppa and stuff like that It seems almost like they're trying to hard to come across as natural they overplay it, a bit like as a kid when you pretend to be asleep but go over the top with the snoring action.

Exactly this. His overacting is bordering on ridiculous. He is the hollywood equivalent of marlon dingle.

Exactly this. His overacting is bordering on ridiculous. He is the hollywood equivalent of marlon dingle.

Despite my thinking that he can overact, it doesn't really take away from my enjoyment of the show and I couldn't imagine anyone else playing Marty now, plus I think his reactions to Cohle's nilhistic views are pretty hysterical, one of the few moments of light relief in the show.

I just watched ep 5 again and hes **** great in it, you might not like his style or whatever but in my opinion he does a great job. I think he really plats this role well, i dont see the over acting or anything, just a regular type dude with a big ass dick

I'm enjoying True Detective but it can be a little slow at times. I've watched 4 episodes and fallen asleep in 2 of them. Admittedly I do tend to watch it late at night but it gets overly verbose at times and moves a little slowly.

Edited by Ponky

Yeah, this is gonna be a classic. I've never really taken much notice of McConaughey (mainly because of the endless romcoms) but he is my favourite actor right now, he's absolutely sublime. Do like Harrelson but his extremely small mouth thing that he does really pisses me off.

Even the credits are great, rewatched them a couple times they're that good!

Edited by Milfner

Harrelson is supposed to be "annoying". You're supposed to hear his character sipping his tea, clearing his throat, breathing heavily, because his character calls for it. Marty is an arrogant, pompous, self righteous arsehole, but he's also insecure and the thought of not being heard terrifies him.

Look how he bottled it at the biker party, he had to play cowboy. He couldn't stand being on the sidelines

The "over acting" is completely intentional and Woody nails it.

• Like 3

Â