Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

The slower episodes were my favourite, it speeds up during the second act though. I'm not so sure now if I like it as much as I first thought, especially after the latest episode. Glad it's only eight episodes, seems about right.

The slower episodes were my favourite, it speeds up during the second act though. I'm not so sure now if I like it as much as I first thought, especially after the latest episode. Glad it's only eight episodes, seems about right.

Really? Ep6 is clearly a set up the final act, after the pace of 4 and 5 it was needed. I loved it. As somebody else said, very Br Ba esq episode.

I love it more and more, week by week

I'll wait until it is finished before judging it, but while it is incredibly enjoyable, and the acting is excellent, it has a HUGE women problem, and I find that a little unforgivable in this day and age. A bit like James Elroy's stuff in that respect.

It's a show about two male detectives set in swamp county. Isn't that a bit like saying The Walking Dead is too zombie focussed?

It's a show about two male detectives set in swamp county. Isn't that a bit like saying The Walking Dead is too zombie focussed?

Nah, just because it is about men/explores masculinity/set in a 'mans world' doesn't mean the female characters have to be paper thin.

Of course the women are going to be sidelined in a show with two male protagonists but you would hope they are more than HBO T&A quota fillers or 'joyless/scorned married women'.

Just a bit lazy when so much effort has gone into creating the men, is all, but it is no better or worse than most shows tbh.

Edited by CarewsEyebrowDesigner

Really? Ep6 is clearly a set up the final act, after the pace of 4 and 5 it was needed. I loved it. As somebody else said, very Br Ba esq episode.

I just meant that i don't think it's as good as I did at first, I realise this weeks was like a bridge episode. Still really enjoy it and looking at the preview for next weeks can't wait for that one either.

I'm on the third season of Arrested Development.

It's fine. Nothing spectacular. I definitely don't find it laugh out loud funny. Just one of those where you chuckle every now and then.

To be honest if it wasn't for the fact it's on Netflix and I had to wait a week for it every time I don't think I'd bother to keep watching it.

Exactly! Ep6 serves as a stage setter but it also gives a lot of clues.

Maggie seems to be very involved in this, as are her daughters, her family. Wonder if Marty's just a dumb and convenient tool in her hands or if he's actually in this too and may turn out to be the smarter one of the two detectives. Why'd he shoot Ledoux before Rust had a chance to interrogate him? Why did Ledoux know about Rust at all? etc. There seem to be a lot of people involved in this from the comunity, not a single killer.

Exactly! Ep6 serves as a stage setter but it also gives a lot of clues.

Maggie seems to be very involved in this, as are her daughters, her family. Wonder if Marty's just a dumb and convenient tool in her hands or if he's actually in this too and may turn out to be the smarter one of the two detectives. Why'd he shoot Ledoux before Rust had a chance to interrogate him? Why did Ledoux know about Rust at all? etc. There seem to be a lot of people involved in this from the comunity, not a single killer.

Marty is a pawn somehow, but an unwilling one in my opinion. Though interesting to note that Maggie says he quit drinking and "found god" after his first affair... This show hasn't gone anywhere I expected it to yet mind, mostly because I've not really tried to solve it at all. I don't really care whether there's a big twist or not though I am expecting one, I love it for what it is regardless

• Like 1

I'll wait until it is finished before judging it, but while it is incredibly enjoyable, and the acting is excellent, it has a HUGE women problem, and I find that a little unforgivable in this day and age. A bit like James Elroy's stuff in that respect.

I've been hearing this everywhere, how are the men any better in it? All are either alcoholics, sex addicts, criminals, cops or religious figures, or in most cases 3 out of 5.

True Detective

Nice spot by who ever noticed it, I just copied and pasted.

It all seems to be pervading Marty's family home somehow, at first it was suggested that it might be a bit of misdirection but it's all adding up, with this and the barbie dolls and expicit drawings. I reckon the Father in Law might be one of the five men represented by Cohle with his beer cans.

The Walking Dead is a bit pedestrian at the moment (no pun intended)

Its becoming obvious that they will all converge at the same point (Terminus) and unless its run by someone akin to The Governor Im not sure how it can pan out with the same few survivors we have followed so far....

Â