Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

On 13/10/2022 at 18:01, sne said:

Bunch of new animated stuff out now.

Previously mentioned Pantheon which is great. First episode of Chainsaw Man is also out and it's gory as h*** :D  . Kinda a given for a series about a guy with chainsaws for arms and head who kills devils...

Whole season of Exception is also out but not had time to watch that yet.

Пантеон (Pantheon)Chainsaw Man (2022) MM Sub - ChannelMyanmarNetflix Debuts Exception Horror Anime Series in 2022 - News - Anime News  Network

Anyone watched the cyberpunk 2077 series on Netflix? If so is it any good? I kind of want to go back to that world after finishing the game.

Just now, HKP90 said:

Anyone watched the cyberpunk 2077 series on Netflix? If so is it any good? I kind of want to go back to that world after finishing the game.

Yeah I watched it, for me it was meh. A 5-6/10, but I've not played the game so that might be part of it.

Fwiw Exception that I mention in the post you quoted is kinda boring.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, sne said:

Yeah I watched it, for me it was meh. A 5-6/10, but I've not played the game so that might be part of it.

Fwiw Exception that I mention in the post you quoted is kinda boring.

Ah, shame. It's a rich world full of inventiveness. I was sort of hoping for a Transmet adaptation biproxy. 

I'll check out Pantheon, though so thanks. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HKP90 said:

Ah, shame. It's a rich world full of inventiveness. I was sort of hoping for a Transmet adaptation biproxy. 

I'll check out Pantheon, though so thanks. 

Cyberpunk Edgerunners does have a 8.5/10 score on IMDB so likely it just wasn't for me. People seem to like it.

• Like 1

On the plane back from holiday I watched the first episode of Chucky, the child's play TV series. Chucky is still Chucky to a degree. It stunk though, I wasn't sure what it wanted to be. It was clunky, badly acted and perhaps gave Chucky a heart when the wee fella is a serial killer. It had other issues too but not something I will return to. 

It gets talked about in the Star Wars thread but I’m going to put a general recommendation for Andor from Disney+ in here.

It’s really well done, worth watching for anyone with a passing interest in sci-fi. It’s much more of a character driven drama than any of the other Star Wars show to date (although the action is good too).

I’m probably enjoying it more than The Expanse, which I did like too.

• Like 1

On 16/10/2022 at 10:28, sne said:

The Problem With Jon Stewart is easily among the best things on TV these days, funny, educational and infuriating all at the same time.

But it's not gonna give you any hope that the world is salvageable or that we are heading in the right way so for those who still have hope it might not be for you.

The Problem With Jon Stewart' Launches in September on AppleTV  | Vanity  Fair

The podcast they do is also brilliant, btw. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tomav84 said:

the watcher on netflix anyone?

very silly so far but oddly engrossing

Loving it so far and up to episode four. Did you know it’s based on a true story ?

Edited by Follyfoot
  • Shocked 1

2 hours ago, tomav84 said:

Started well. Good cast who did their jobs admirably. I personally didn’t enjoy the way it ended. 

Edited by choffer
  • Thanks 1

The Big Bang Theory. 

I've never watched it properly so when the wife put it on yesterday we watched about 25 or so episodes. 

It's generally quite funny and well written, but I'm yet to see a single episode where at some point Kaley Cuoco is not displaying her cleavage. 

Musn't grumble 😉

12 hours ago, tomav84 said:

Yeah it was a bit shit really. Based on a true story but massively embellished, to its detriment.  I watched it all but yeah, just too silly really for what could have been a good suspense mystery 

11 hours ago, rjw63 said:

The Big Bang Theory. 

I've never watched it properly so when the wife put it on yesterday we watched about 25 or so episodes. 

It's generally quite funny and well written, but I'm yet to see a single episode where at some point Kaley Cuoco is not displaying her cleavage. 

Musn't grumble 😉

First 2-3 seasons were excellent then it became far too much like a friends spin off for my liking and i dipped out around series 4 i think.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, tomav84 said:

I thought the same, first 4 episodes were very good and that's where I'm up to at the moment. I have heard bad things about the ending though so I'm braced for disappointment. 

1 hour ago, Jon said:

Yeah it was a bit shit really. Based on a true story but massively embellished, to its detriment.  I watched it all but yeah, just too silly really for what could have been a good suspense mystery 

Felt like they were so focussed on setting up a second series, they forgot to put in any effort to finish this series off properly. 

12 minutes ago, choffer said:

Felt like they were so focussed on setting up a second series, they forgot to put in any effort to finish this series off properly. 

oh ffs there's a 2nd series? guess that means we don't find out who it is then!

3 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

oh ffs there's a 2nd series? guess that means we don't find out who it is then!

Spoiler

Just a supposition on my part. Smells to me like one of those franchises where each series has a different cast. The only consistent is the house. 
There is a conclusion in this series. Whether you find it a satisfactory conclusion, remains to be seen).

'The Bear' on Disney+ was fantastic. Only 8 half hour episodes so not a huge commitment but they've been greenlighted for a second season.

Set in a Chicago restaurant and really captures the chaos and energy of a commercial kitchen.

Really recommend it

Â