Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

41 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

1 episode in to watchmen...not grabbed me so far but i'm intrigued. anyone confirm if it's worth sticking with?

I really liked it. But i am a huge fan of the movie,so i might be a bit biased.

On 08/10/2022 at 23:24, Rodders said:

The final task was great. Shame that Munya comes across as a bit of an Iain Stirling though

I quite like Iain Stirling (despite never watching Love Island!) but he didn’t come off well in Taskmaster but I genuinely think he really wanted to do well and tried too hard to be funny on it.

The Midnight Club was a disappointment. It's still very much a Mike Flanagan show but it's a watered down YA Netflix thing that is a couple eps too long and feels more like filler than like a good show.

Honestly since it's so long I'll only give it a 5/10.

Hopefully The Fall of the House of Usher will be better.

3 minutes ago, sne said:

The Midnight Club was a disappointment. It's still very much a Mike Flanagan show but it's a watered down YA Netflix thing that is a couple eps too long and feels more like filler than like a good show.

I gave up on it after a few episodes. Quite liked Flanagan's other series but this was a bit too.... "teeny" for me. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sne said:

1 hour ago, PieFacE said:

I gave up on it after a few episodes. Quite liked Flanagan's other series but this was a bit too.... "teeny" for me. 

This is where I'm at with it but having watched several episodes but I at least want to know what is going on (reckon I could guess most of it though). 

I wish they'd drop the side stories and just run with the main plot. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, PieFacE said:

the few i watched i didnt even pay attention to. boring.

Watched the two first seasons of Fargo again since it is on a streaminservice i recently got. In my top five Tv series ever. I wouldnt change one minute of those seasons. Everything is perfect. Camerawork,the set,the casting,the actors,pacing... And Lorne Malvo is the best bad guy in any tv show.

• Like 1

Bunch of new animated stuff out now.

Previously mentioned Pantheon which is great. First episode of Chainsaw Man is also out and it's gory as h*** :D  . Kinda a given for a series about a guy with chainsaws for arms and head who kills devils...

Whole season of Exception is also out but not had time to watch that yet.

Пантеон (Pantheon)Chainsaw Man (2022) MM Sub - ChannelMyanmarNetflix Debuts Exception Horror Anime Series in 2022 - News - Anime News  Network

24 minutes ago, sne said:

Bunch of new animated stuff out now.

Previously mentioned Pantheon which is great. First episode of Chainsaw Man is also out and it's gory as h*** :D  . Kinda a given for a series about a guy with chainsaws for arms and head who kills devils...

Whole season of Exception is also out but not had time to watch that yet.

Пантеон (Pantheon)Chainsaw Man (2022) MM Sub - ChannelMyanmarNetflix Debuts Exception Horror Anime Series in 2022 - News - Anime News  Network

The new Bleach anime - thousand year blood war - which will resume the anime's story and bring it to a conclusion in line with the manga, just started too.

• Like 1

On 10/10/2022 at 18:22, Genie said:

I also just finished Jeffrey Dahmer. It was good, could have been trimmed down a bit or added a bit more content if they we’re committed to 10 episodes (obviously it only scratched the surface of what went on).

I noticed in the subscription service I use there’s a 3 part show “conversations with a killer: The Jeffrey Dahmer tapes” that i’m not sure I can bring myself to watch.

Anybody who watched the full Dahmer series and is now thinking of watching the “conversation with a killer” tapes I’d say don’t waste your time. 

It’s clearly the same information used to make the 10 part drama and covers the same events in the same detail.

• Like 1

On 12/10/2022 at 23:03, fleksnes said:

Watched the two first seasons of Fargo again since it is on a streaminservice i recently got. In my top five Tv series ever. I wouldnt change one minute of those seasons. Everything is perfect. Camerawork,the set,the casting,the actors,pacing... And Lorne Malvo is the best bad guy in any tv show.

He's certainly up there with the best of them. Perfect casting. I thought Colin Hanks was superb too. 

And Martin Freeman pulled off that  Minnesota accent to great effect. 

• Like 1

The Problem With Jon Stewart is easily among the best things on TV these days, funny, educational and infuriating all at the same time.

But it's not gonna give you any hope that the world is salvageable or that we are heading in the right way so for those who still have hope it might not be for you.

The Problem With Jon Stewart' Launches in September on AppleTV  | Vanity  Fair

• Like 2

Â