Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

1 hour ago, sheepyvillian said:

I can't believe Under The Banner Of Heaven hasn't had more praise on here. Whoever thought True Detective was the bees - knees would have no trouble enjoying UTBH, trust me. 

Thanks. Will give it a go.

7 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

I can't believe Under The Banner Of Heaven hasn't had more praise on here. Whoever thought True Detective was the bees - knees would have no trouble enjoying UTBH, trust me. 

6 hours ago, brommy said:

Thanks. Will give it a go.

Synopsis sounds good. On the high seas acquiring it now.

• Like 1

Night Sky on prime has started promisingly.

Sissy Spacek and J. K. Simmons are both very good as the elderly couple. It hasn't really gotten going yet and I'm 4 episodes in, interested to see where they go with it though.

**** Stranger Things. All bar the last episode of this batch watched today and it's without question retained an amazing quality. As soon as I ship the grandson and heir off to bed, episode 7 is watched. 

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

If you liked dark this is their next show

Wow, uses all the same sound effects and everything. No idea what it's about, but then I'm still slightly uncertain what Dark was about despite having watched every episode 😁

16 hours ago, AVFCDAN said:

Night Sky on prime has started promisingly.

Sissy Spacek and J. K. Simmons are both very good as the elderly couple. It hasn't really gotten going yet and I'm 4 episodes in, interested to see where they go with it though.

Already watched this, thought it was good and the way it ends means a second season should be on the way. 

Barring one of those idiotic TV company cancellations. 

Finished "Pam and Tommy"

Pretty good show. Probably an episode or two too long but very enjoyable, if not a bit silly in places

Spoiler

Tommy Lee having a conversation with his own penis was a bit odd

I found the stuff about the tape and how it came about far more interesting than the couple of flashback episodes but I guess they were necessary for context

Worth a watch

6 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I'm also rewatching the entirety of Malcom in the Middle.

I think it's a very underrated show. I think it's passed off as a silly American sitcom, but it's far cleverer than that, and not your usual slapstick cheesy canned laughter american sitcom.

Plus I genuinely think it's Bryan Cranston's best ever role. Hal is one of the best comedy characters of all time

It's in my favourite ever sitcoms. It's perfect. I agree with you on Hal too, I also think the writers are very generous and allow even supporting actors to shine. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

It's in my favourite ever sitcoms. It's perfect. I agree with you on Hal too, I also think the writers are very generous and allow even supporting actors to shine. 

Yeah they kind of cycle around the characters and allow different ones to come to the forefront. I'm on Season 3 at the moment and Dewey has come into it far more than he was in the first two seasons (he is brilliant for such a young actor as well)

My only slight criticism is I often don't really care about Francis. Sometimes it hits the spot, but a lot of the time he feels a bit shoehorned into episodes

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

Yeah they kind of cycle around the characters and allow different ones to come to the forefront. I'm on Season 3 at the moment and Dewey has come into it far more than he was in the first two seasons (he is brilliant for such a young actor as well)

My only slight criticism is I often don't really care about Francis. Sometimes it hits the spot, but a lot of the time he feels a bit shoehorned into episodes

I like when he works on the farm and when he is in the military school, but yes, you are probably right. 

2 hours ago, Seat68 said:

I like when he works on the farm and when he is in the military school, but yes, you are probably right. 

Yeah the military school bits are ok. I'm on the bit where he goes to that weird place in Alaska and I just really don't care about him at all

2 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Finished "Pam and Tommy. 

Reveal hidden contents

Tommy Lee having a conversation with his own penis was a bit odd

I found... the tape... far more interesting... Worth a watch

spacer.png

• Haha 1

Â