Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

2 hours ago, rjw63 said:

Hammering through season 9 of Chicago PD. It's still watchable although I'd wager season 10 might be the last, there can't be many story types they haven't covered.

Could you mind the spoilers please mate? Didn’t know there would be a season 10

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Could you mind the spoilers please mate? Didn’t know there would be a season 10

Spoiler

Better not mention the murder, rape, and kidnap then!

8 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Still weird to moan about someone putting spoilers in this thread whilst almost simultaneously dropping massive spoilers for a different show

2 hours ago, rjw63 said:

And I didn't even leave a spoiler

spacer.png

You did a bit. And let's be fair, Bosch Legacy is on its first showing. 

The whole world has seen GOT.

8 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Still weird to moan about someone putting spoilers in this thread whilst almost simultaneously dropping massive spoilers for a different show

A show that's years old and I would imagine most on this thread have seen, and if they haven't, they probably never will.

Like I said, it's the off - season. You need to fill the void, I get it.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, sheepyvillian said:

A show that's years old and I would imagine most on this thread have seen, and if they haven't, they probably never will

I don’t care about you posting GOT spoilers. But to do it while moaning about someone else posting spoilers is a bit weird. 
It was only a joke. Sorry you’ve taken it so personally

1 hour ago, sheepyvillian said:

Like I said, it's the off - season. You need to fill the void, I get it.

If you say so. 

37 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I don’t care about you posting GOT spoilers. But to do it while moaning about someone else posting spoilers is a bit weird. 
It was only a joke. Sorry you’ve taken it so personally

If you say so. 

Stroll on August. 

• Confused 1

Watching Bosch, oh how surprising when you find out he has a daughter she ends up getting kidnapped.  Ozark was actually quite refreshing in that the daughter in it was almost completely irrelevant to the whole programme.  Hopefully she ends up brown bread for a change from the usual formula.

16 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

Watching Bosch, oh how surprising when you find out he has a daughter she ends up getting kidnapped.  Ozark was actually quite refreshing in that the daughter in it was almost completely irrelevant to the whole programme.  Hopefully she ends up brown bread for a change from the usual formula.

Lovely sentiment .

On 03/06/2022 at 20:21, Davkaus said:

Up until season 7, every time a new series came out, I binge watched all of the earlier ones as a recap.

After season 8, I doubt I'll ever watch it again. What a **** shame.

It’s amazing how the entire pop culture movement just… died. Overnight 

On 04/06/2022 at 15:43, villa4europe said:

Finished stranger things 

Thought it's lost some of its charm, maybe been away too long, there is a slight change in direction (heading firmly towards horror) it's wrestling with its larger cast and split locations and not always winning (3 of the "main" characters aren't in the last episode) and it's not as 80s as the last series but at the same time its still brilliant, it gave me that itch, watched an episode a night with the wife (each episode is over an hour long) and I wanted to move straight on to the next one and binge it whereas she had to sleep, not many TV shows have done that recently for me

Superb TV. Even better than S1. A proper return to what made it great plus proper horror moments and ridiculous cinematography 

• Like 4

3/4 of the way through Stranger Things and though it would be an unfair overstatement to claim it'd jumped the shark, it's at the very least measured the distance for the run-up and window-shopped for a few ramps.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, GarethRDR said:

3/4 of the way through Stranger Things and though it would be an unfair overstatement to claim it'd jumped the shark, it's at the very least measured the distance for the run-up and window-shopped for a few ramps.

Watch to the end of the new series.

It hasn’t jumped the shark in the slightest imo and that’s probably a view pretty widely accepted based on reviews, socials etc. 

Last season was pretty weak but this one has been superb. 

Edited by StefanAVFC
  • Like 3

11 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Watch to the end of the new series.

It hasn’t jumped the shark in the slightest imo and that’s probably a view pretty widely accepted based on reviews, socials etc. 

Last season was pretty weak but this one has been superb. 

Yeah, for me this is the best season since the first one so far.

Being a huge horror fan has helped as they've ramped up those elements nicely, but the overall story, pacing and execution has also been top notch.

• Like 2

Gonna spoiler this even though i don’t spoil anything 

Spoiler

It does the opposite of jump the shark for me 

it ties a tonne together, explain loads of things that I expected them to just forget about or never explain  

It’s made some of the lore that I had no interest in absolutely brilliant 

lovely stuff 

2 minutes ago, GarethRDR said:

Well if the ending doesn't deliver now, just know I'm coming back to you two teases for gratification.

No ending yet unfortunately. Part 2 in July 

Â