Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

45 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

Maybe season 5 will be a "they're all grown up now" with kids etc. moved on with their lives.

Then, the Upside down comes back......... mwhahahahahahahahahahhahahahah!!!

IT part 2 

Good shout, don't pretend they're kids, make them a few years older than they are, would make it the early 90s

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

Its an astonishing series.  People of all ages seem to like it.

I watched the last one of this batch last night. 10/10

I’ve never known a series to be so consistently good, and for the final series to - well as things stand, be a super ending. Take note Dexter, GOT, etc!

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, stewiek2 said:

First 3 episodes of season 3 of The Boys are great. Going to watch episode 4 later once Amazon get around to uploading it to Prime

I’ll be back on this once I’ve finished ST.

• Like 1

Just finished Gomarrah. I took it right to penalties. What a masterpiece. I want to thank everyone on here who recommended it. All those superlatives were spot on. 

I don't want anyone complaining about spoilers, even though I could call a stewards inquiry into whether they were spoilers or not. ( haters will hate)

What is safe to say is, I don't think I've seen someone play a conflicted nature as good as Marco D'Amore .

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Making my way through Dopesick. 

It’s excellent but the jumping back and forth between years has become very confusing

Dopesick is worth sticking with. Makes you bloody angry though. 

• Like 1

Another vote for ST4.

After enjoying S1 I gave up shortly into Season 2. Just all seemed a little stupid. But started season 4 mainly because of comments on here but without much hope that I'd see it out.

It's really good fun. I'm not a fan of gory horror but somehow it's done in an eighties tongue in cheek way so it feels "soft."

It's pretty light on actually making real sense but what it tries to explain it doesn't overcomplicate so it works. (So many shows in recent years disappear up their own arse trying to string together ridiculously overcomplicated narratives.)

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

Dopesick is worth sticking with. Makes you bloody angry though. 

Oh I’m definitely sticking with it. It’s very very good. 

Just the jumping between years gets me a bit confused

Avoidance

Terrible. Every character (sisters girlfriend in particular) is a horrible human being apart from the young kid. No one in it can act at all. It’s depressing. Not funny. Probably the most apt name for a show ever. 0/10. Don’t watch it. 

• Thanks 1

Really liked the Dragon Age Origins game but never bothered with the sequels. Guess this will be good marketing for the DA4 game

Edited by sne

3 hours ago, sne said:

Really liked the Dragon Age Origins game but never bothered with the sequels. Guess this will be good marketing for the DA4 game

Is it going to have Elf Bumming in it

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, El Zen said:

From reading this thread, I probably need to go back to Stranger Things after giving it up early in S3. 

Yeah you should 

2 dipped no doubt about it, 3 returned to peak 80s nostalgia / charm, 4 has reduced that slightly but got closer to the themes of 1 (from what I can remember anyway) 

Its top tier TV 

• Like 1

I've tried watching the drama adaption of The Staircase, I'm no prude but I'm surprised they can show some of the stuff they do and the actual staircase reenactment is one of the most gruesome things I've ever seen, albeit well done.  I'm not sure I like it very much.

Â