Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

5 hours ago, Genie said:

Can anyone recommend a good Pablo Escobar documentary, TV adaption or movie? 

Watch Narcos and read (or listen to the audio version of) Killing Pablo. 

Killing Pablo the book, is better than any documentary I’ve seen about him. It’s amazing. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, stuart_75 said:

Not much has changed.

Well at least nowadays the weapon of choice has moved from a bloodied axe to a Logitech keyboard when confronting thine enemies.

Watched a few episodes from this years Shark Week on Discovery.

Didn't they use to be pretty interesting back in the day? These ones were pretty much like any random reality TV "documentary". Not much happening or actual information, cut away just as something might be about to happen with a shark swimming towards the camera, come back, nothing happened and so on. A bunch of fake drama and a annoying narrator. Utter crap.

Discovery is garbage these days.

• Like 1

They took an NBC Premier League promo skit and made a whole series out of it. Looks like it's stuffed full of stupid cliches and stereotypes, but also potentially funny. But I'm not getting Apple TV to find out.

Edited by maqroll

19 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Lovecraft country starts tonight in the states, could go either way, hopefully brilliant 

Thanks for the tip, I'll keep an eye out for this, the only 'stories' I ever read as a teenager were HP Lovecraft. (I was sooooo Goth)

Really looking forward to Lovecraft Country, hope it can live up the expectations.

Considering the topic and what I'm guessing will a fair bit of social commentary I expect it to get a lot of 1/10 on IMDB from Trump supporters (and a bunch of 10's from people hired by HBO)

Edited by sne
Typo
  • Like 1

Just finished rewatching the oldish channel 4 TV show Uptopia the other day. Why they cancelled that show I'll never know! They are making an American version of it which is coming out soon but probably won't be as good. Also just finished watching season 2 of Umbrella Academy which I think I enjoyed more than the 1st tbh

Edited by Bizzzle

12 hours ago, villa4europe said:

High Score starts Wednesday on Netflix, docu series on the history of computer games 

For those who are interested in this, might be worth watching the documentary "The King of Kong" also...

• Like 3

11 hours ago, sne said:

Really looking forward to Lovecraft Country, hope it can live up the expectations.

Considering the topic and what I'm guessing will a fair bit of social commentary I expect it to get a lot of 1/10 on IMDB from Trump supporters (and a bunch of 10's from people hired by HBO)

Amusing considering that even by the standards of his time, Lovecraft was horrendously racist.

Â