Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

10 hours ago, villa4europe said:

thats shit news, really enjoyed it

sense 8 isnt coming back either, neither is the get down

I believe sense8 was one of the most expensive shows ever made, it was going to have to be Game of Thrones style popular to keep going. 

Still working my way through 13 Reasons Why.

It's a bit of a struggle. It's interesting enough to make me want to finish it, but they're really making a meal of it. Nothing has really happened in the past 5 episodes.

I'm not sure what it is with Netflix, but I don't think I've seen a single series that I've not thought 'you could trim at least 3 episodes out of this of you had a ruthless editor'. 

1 hour ago, jon_c said:

I believe sense8 was one of the most expensive shows ever made, it was going to have to be Game of Thrones style popular to keep going. 

yeah sense 8 and marco polo were over $100m to make, neither had the popularity to sustain it and as i said to the missus last night netflix at the moment are churning out that much content that they can drop some baggage without losing subscribers, im probably watching 7/8 originals, dropping 1 or 2 of them wont change much

2 hours ago, Chindie said:

I'm not sure what it is with Netflix, but I don't think I've seen a single series that I've not thought 'you could trim at least 3 episodes out of this of you had a ruthless editor'. 

The dafter thng is it is not like they are constrained by TV schedules for episode lengths. It is pretty much the norm that a 13 episode run on netflix will have episodes with as much as a 20 minute difference in length with some coming in at a traditional tv 43 mins and others hitting the hour mark or more.

Would be so much easier to tighten things up and get it down to 10 episodes of roughly the same length trimming some of the guff in the process

Better Call Saul excellent again this week. The acting is just superb across the board and when you back that up with an excellent script we have a show that could easily be argued is better than its predecessor. Only 2 episodes left though and another year off

• Like 2

Silicon Valley -

Spoiler

Thought this was a weak episode this week and this season as a whole is starting to tail off in reality. In their attempts to extend the show they are continuing to deny the group an attempt at success and its beginning to frustrate if I am honest. If you look back to where they were at the start of season 1, on the verge of a massive break through and with the tech world at their feet and here we are coming to a close at the end of season 4 and they seem to be content breaking into the top 500 on the hooli app store and seem to be more concerned with a patent troll and saving 20,000 dollars. I feel like its starting to lose its way and although I still love the characters it just feels like its not going anywhere at the moment.

After an excellent start to the new season, I'm not sure I've ever seen a show fall off a cliff as badly as Bloodline has. It's always been patchy but after one of the best episodes of anything that I've watched in ages (episode 2) the latter part of the season has been utterly awful and episode 9 one of the worst things I've seen. It's almost as if they knew it was getting cancelled and decided to take the piss...

Ray Donovan Series 4

Starts off a bit meh but gets better as it goes along. The moments with Bunchy and Teresa are genuinely touching and well done. Mick in prison (his interview for protective custody and the ensuing phone calls) are fantastic. The karaoke scene is brilliant also. Stu Feldman is still brilliant too.

The change in production with this slicker camera quality and smoother fps is jarring, doesn't look good at all. Plus the usual lack of anything resembling depth applied to Avi, Lena etc... continues. Too much time spent on Abi, Con and Bridget again, they really are a drag of a family. The dog is more interesting than them.

Its fast getting to a point now where Mick really needs to become more human, start learning and be valuable to others otherwise he needs to croak as his scam/bailed out by ray/redemption bid leading to being a liability act is getting old.

Yet again, Daryll is heavily underutilised, would love him to have a meaningful arc and get more involved with Ray.

The worst series so far but still a strong 7/10.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, AVFCDAN said:

Silicon Valley -

Hide contents

Thought this was a weak episode this week and this season as a whole is starting to tail off in reality. In their attempts to extend the show they are continuing to deny the group an attempt at success and its beginning to frustrate if I am honest. If you look back to where they were at the start of season 1, on the verge of a massive break through and with the tech world at their feet and here we are coming to a close at the end of season 4 and they seem to be content breaking into the top 500 on the hooli app store and seem to be more concerned with a patent troll and saving 20,000 dollars. I feel like its starting to lose its way and although I still love the characters it just feels like its not going anywhere at the moment.

Dude, I can't agree with one word of that. 

I think it's been brilliant, it never dips in quality and this series has had loads going on!

if this is it tailing off, gimme more of that shit please!

I'm worried about the next series as TJ Miller is out and him and Jian Yang are absolutely amazing, but this season has been ace so far. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, AVFCDAN said:

Silicon Valley -

Reveal hidden contents

I said similar a few weeks ago:

On 2017-5-16 at 11:52, zak said:

Silicon Valley - quite enjoy it but think it will keep getting worse as worried they will just start repeating similar storylines

If they make it big, thats the end of the show, if they dont it just gets repetitive 

Yeah will be interesting without TJ. Meant to be a bit difficult to work with though.

Dunno, they need some success is SV. Constantly being on the edge of it is getting a bit repetitive. They can still crash and burn once they are successful, be good to see a different side to it all though.

2 episodes in to American Gods. Blimey it's weird. Been a very long time since I read the book, I feel like going back to that first before carrying on to get my bearings. 

2 hours ago, PieFacE said:

Yeah will be interesting without TJ. Meant to be a bit difficult to work with though.

Dunno, they need some success is SV. Constantly being on the edge of it is getting a bit repetitive. They can still crash and burn once they are successful, be good to see a different side to it all though.

Just been listening to him on the Nerdist podcast and he came across really well to be fair.

Said the main reason for him giving up Silicon Valley is that it was taking up 4 months of his year and he wanted to be more committed to his partners ambitions and helping with that. Also seemed like he wanted to do stand up comedy and devote more time to that.

Tomorrow Studios (Aquarius, Good Behavior (neither of which I've seen so don't know if they're any good)) are teaming up with the original studio, Sunrise, to produce a live action, North American version of Cowboy Bebop. Christopher Yost (Thor Dark World, Thor Ragnorock) is on board to do the screenplay. It's possibly the only very famous anime that could be made in to a decent TV show, and they could nail the script, look and sound - but it all comes down to the casting for me.

• Like 1

Â