Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

55 minutes ago, Brumerican said:

That was some dark shit in the latest It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia !:D

Apart from the first episode which was a bit of whiff imo, this series has been **** excellent. Mac's exercise bike had me howling!

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Milfner said:

Apart from the first episode which was a bit of whiff imo, this series has been **** excellent. Mac's exercise bike had me howling!

The continued demise of Father Mara has me howling every time .

1 hour ago, Xela said:

Lucky Man series 2 is starting soon I think. I enjoyed the first series. 

I was thinking about watching that, because I like the idea, and it's based on an idea by Stan Lee, so you know. I just really struggle with James Nesbitt. .

14 minutes ago, dAVe80 said:

I was thinking about watching that, because I like the idea, and it's based on an idea by Stan Lee, so you know. I just really struggle with James Nesbitt. .

I know what you mean about Nesbitt, but have to admit, I liked him in this. He's not grating at all! 

Watch the first episode and see how you feel... I think you'll wan to continue. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, coda said:

Do you have to watch the old Twin Peaks to understand the new Twin Peaks?

Absolutely 100% yes you do.

Although some might say you won't know what's going on in the new Twin Peaks even if you have watched the first 2 series' ten times over. Anything is possible.

Edited by hogso

I found Santa Clarita Diet to be a quick, easy watch with not a lot else to do at the time over the few days. Very amusing in parts and freshingly OTT with gore which is completely at odds with the tone in other parts of the show - it seems that it's been greeted with some criticism for this, but I didn't feel it was to it's detriment at all.

14 minutes ago, hogso said:

Although some might say you won't know what's going on in the new Twin Peaks even if you have watched the first 2 series' ten times over. Anything is possible.

can confirm, definitely worth watching anyway though.

3 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Billions is a bit meh pretty boring don't think I am gonna bother with season 2

Really? I thought it was excellent. Some great acting. 

Quite enjoyed the first season of Taboo.

As far as I've read the second season is confirmed, although I can find it on IMDB yet.

Haven't quite gotten into the hyped up Sci-Fi series "The Expanse", it's OK, but nothing special so far.

From what I read on the IMBD forums before they closed them down it appeared that the people who was raving about it all had read the books and knew the bigger story. So I guess it's true to it's origin. No where close to "Game of Thrones in Space" as I've seen it described.

On 25/02/2017 at 11:32, hogso said:

I watched some episodes a couple of years ago and it looked a bit dated and cheesy. Lynch is hit and miss for me so I might read a synopsis in preparation for the new series. :D

21 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

The acting is great definitely. Just find the show boring

This was my problem with Mad Men.  Technically excellent, unprecedented historical accuracy even down to the magazines in the waiting area, but just a dull dull show.

• Like 2

Â