Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

anyone seen that da vinci's demons or the Hannibal pilot?

not expecting much from DVD but expecting a lot from Hannibal

Hannibal was a little odd, the Will Graham is great. But when they bring Hannibal into it felt like they were setting it up for the weirdest buddy cop combination imaginable.

:D

Anyone watched 'Lilyhammer'? It's a Netflix exclusive series featuring Steven Van Zandt from The Sopranos. There's only 8 episodes but I think they're making a new season soon.

Definitely worth a watch IMO.

I am up to episode 4 and I do like it. It's different,quirky , funny and quite dark in places .

I still can't believe how quickly he learned the language mind you . :huh:  :D

You are nearly right in it being a netflix exclusive as it was a top rated show in Norway with some of the highest viewing figures the country had seen .

It's fun seeing Silvio being a bad ass in a really strange environment !

I'm up to episode 6, as I'm watching it with a friend I'm having to wait till he's available to watch it unfortunately. Think I could have watched it all in one go if it weren't for that. Yeah it's very strange how he managed to pick up the language to a certain extent (he doesn't tend to speak Norwegian, just understands it). I think it's a brilliant story and looking forward to a second series.

Second episode of GOT is anther decent if far from incredible episode. Enjoying a couple of new characters already though.

Agree with you. Essentially a second set-up episode to establish all the players and introduce the many new characters. Thought this episode was better than the season premiere though.

Finally decided to watch Breaking Bad to see what all the fuss was about.

I watched series 1 and 2 and thought it was decent, but nothing special...then I watched series 3 and wow that was **** excellent.

Now series 4...

I finished watching series 1 of Game of Thrones last night

Dragons! Cool!

Will start series 2 tonight.

Edited by hogso
  • Like 2

Finally decided to watch Breaking Bad to see what all the fuss was about.

I watched series 1 and 2 and thought it was decent, but nothing special...then I watched series 3 and wow that was **** excellent.

Now series 4...

I found series 3 the worst one.  

Loves S1 & S4.

Two episodes into Season 3 of Game of Thrones, and I'm mildly disappointed...I was hoping the first episode was just setting the table, but no such luck. The plot lines are becoming a bit disjointed and I'm starting to think that because there are so many developing plot lines, the whole show could be running in to a bit of problem keeping the big picture narrative intact.

• Like 1

I think that is a very valid concern, especially for people who don't read the books, which is probably the majority of the viewers who tune in every week.

Later on, even more characters and locations are thrown in. I just don't think 12 episodes per book is going to do it justice. They'll take out big chunks of the storyline, like they did with Season 2 where Riverrun was nowhere to be seen.

I can't really speak for the average viewer since I pretty much know what's going to happen every episode since I am up-to-date with the books, but I find myself explaining a lot of stuff to friends who don't.

struggling with revolution

its a great concept poorly executed and full of annoyingly sloppy bits, like the bit where the english (haha **** knows where in england shes from) woman is in seattle at night skyping her kids in england telling them they should be in bed already...

lots of moments like that let it down

Edited by villa4europe

I try not to look for information on Game of Thrones because I haven't read the books yet and don't want anything spoiled for me.  I have actually bought them, but am enjoying the series so much that I worry that reading them will detract from my enjoyment of the screen adaptation, because I have more unread books than I do TV programmes that I really enjoy!  So, I may have completely made this up, and don't really want to check in case I find out anything, but I think someone told me that they're making the third book into two series.  As I type this though, I'm doubting myself.  Is it the case?

To be fair, at the start of season 2 of Game Of Thrones I was a bit confused and couldn't really remember what was going on (as i've not read the books) but as the series went on it all started to come together. I feel series 3 will be similar.

Has anyone watched "House Of Cards"? David Fincher directed the first couple of episodes.... and Kevin Spacey is the main character. Gunna give it a try tonight. 

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1856010/'>IMDB Link

Edited by PieFacE

Â