Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

Finished Season 3 of Boardwalk Empire. Loved every bloody second.

Richard Harrow's 'Taxi Driver' sequence was absolutely wonderful.

Edited by Designer1

The second episode of this season of Mad Men is more setup, but I think I'm starting to see where this goes....

i cant work out bob not sure how he's going to fit in but he's getting a lot of screen time which makes me think he's going to do something big, i think i see where pete, roger, peggy and don's storylines are going, i think they might as well kill bert off too, dont think he's had a line so far, also hard to tell what they are going to do with betty

• Like 1

I'll be sad to see the last episode of Broadchurch next week. I think it's been absolutely fantastic from start to finish, with a really strong cast. Very rarely watch terrestrial TV these days but it's definitely been a standout amongst the tides of crap that they usually serve up.

Joe and Tom Miller? That's who my moneys on anyway.

Edited by Designer1

I agree about the song on the end credits being a little out of place and inappropriate considering the scene that preceded it, but yes it's a punk cover of the song from the book according to Thronecast. That sort of music and cut-style suits True Blood, but not GoT.

Speaking of Thronecast, I really wish they'd stop having Grace Dent on there. The woman is an absolute joke of a journalist. Did anyone see the "interview" she did with George R R Martin? It was piss poor and a complete waste of an opportunity, Martin was a true gent though.

Another thing about Thronecast I hate is that when Geoff talks to "superfan" Grace Dent, they're always on about wondering what will happen next, as if they haven't read the books. It's pointless. The only reason I watch it is for the cast interviews and the sneak peek at the next episode, the rest is utter, cringeworthy bollocks.

Edited by Ginko

So I just found out that whilst Breaking Bad starts in July both The Killing and Dexter start in June, that means all three will be running concurrently. I feel like another stroke is coming on.

Breaking Bad is not back until the 11th of August :(

So I just found out that whilst Breaking Bad starts in July both The Killing and Dexter start in June, that means all three will be running concurrently. I feel like another stroke is coming on.

Breaking Bad is not back until the 11th of August :(

Curses IMDB, now I dont know if the other two are on in June either, still stroke avoided, every cloud.

Finished watching season 1 of Banshee. I give it 6/10, at times it is very silly, but there's also a lot of excellent sex scenes, and a very nice dose of violence, plus the acting is good.

So enough there to make me want to watch season 2 when it starts next year.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

Finished watching season 1 of Banshee. I give it 6/10, at times it is very silly, but there's also a lot of excellent sex scenes, and a very nice dose of violence, plus the acting is good.

What did you think of the Albino

Edited by AshVilla

LOL, I didn't think much about 'him' to be honest!

LOL, I didn't think much about 'him' to be honest!

I would have begged for it

watched that oliver stone history of America thing

had high expectations and tbh was disappointed when he started in WW2 was hoping he'd go older but he's using footage so don't spose he can, it was ok, I think the overall message was trying to dispel "if it wasn't for us you'd all be speaking german" bullshit from the yanks, he took a while getting there though before saying it was the ruskies that won the war, which I think is something that isn't that shocking or cock on the block, certainly wasn't to me

I think some of the cold war stuff will be better and hopefully the JFK and MLK stuff will be good

Well, finished the 1st series of House Of Cards, fantastic series! Best I've seen in ages!  I read the budget for the 1st series was $60,000,000.  :blink:

Must have gone on Kevin Spacey 'cos it hardly comes across as a high budget series. 

I just watched the repeat of last week's Game of Thrones, and with that I've caught up :-) Didn't take long, 3 weeks? About one a night. Thoroughly enjoyed all of them, and look forward towards this week's new episode.

Â