Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

2 episodes in of Criminal Code (original name DNA Do Crime) on Netflix and it's not bad at all, rather good actually. Brazilian police vs gang series. Apparently it's the most expensive Brazilian Netflix show to date and it's already renewed for a S2.

On 16/12/2023 at 00:49, Designer1 said:

Kin is very good indeed. I Just need to wait for the second season to come on iPlayer.

The actor who plays Frank's brother is the mercurial Francis Magee. Brilliant character actor whose been in everything from Eastenders, Peep Show and Game of Thrones.

Oh, and its Aidan Gillan, not Aidan Quinn 👍

Just finished this, hope a second season is in the pipeline 

Just now, rjw63 said:

Just finished this, hope a second season is in the pipeline 

It's already filmed Roberto. It's available on the high seas, but as I'm not a dirty pirate scumbag I'm going to wait for it to come on iplayer 😁

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

It's already filmed Roberto. It's available on the high seas, but as I'm not a dirty pirate scumbag I'm going to wait for it to come on iplayer 😁

All I can say to that is I pay for a VPN 😂

Latest series of Slow Horses is as enjoyable (3 episodes in for me so far) as the first two. The Oldman character is vaguely in danger of becoming a caricature but it’s still very good. 

• Like 2

Watched Fall of the House of Usher on Netflix and it was far better than I expected it would be. Thought it was much better than Flanagan's Midnight Mass. Not as good as Haunting of Hill tho.

Edited by PieFacE

2 hours ago, Seat68 said:

I left Doctor Who after Ecclestone, it wasn't for me, but by god I liked the episode just on. Really good, very enjoyable. 

It grew on me as it went along. Not convinced by the new companion though, didn't seem to be a brilliant actress but hopefully grows with the role.

Half way through the pacific having watched BoB earlier in the month 

I dont think anyone would disagree BoB is better, even though it's got more characters it creates more of a connection, also so of the pacific happens at night that it's hard to really know what's going on 

The biggest surprise is the equipment though, the Pacific shows the mounted gun being far more significant, so much more of it is the men putting it down setting it up or in basilones case going for a jog with it, its like a complete different war, it has obvious accompanying ties to BoB but at the same time it really doesn't 

I do think you need to watch both before going in to the new one, if nothing else just to re set expectations 

16 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Half way through the pacific having watched BoB earlier in the month 

I dont think anyone would disagree BoB is better, even though it's got more characters it creates more of a connection, also so of the pacific happens at night that it's hard to really know what's going on 

I've read both of the Stephen Ambrose books that the series were based on. BoB is more involving, simply because it follows one company, where The Pacific focuses on different individuals whose paths don't cross. They also completely left out one of the story arcs of the Pacific book, following a dive bomber pilot (presumably due to technical and budgetary challenges). 

• Like 1

On 25/12/2023 at 21:14, theboyangel said:

I enjoyed the Ghosts finale.

lovely little series with some great characters and laughs. 

Fair play to them finishing it though. 

It was fine. But I had presumed we were going to see them pulled off one by one.

Respect to them for closing it down.

Now, if you want to see how not to make exactly the same programme, try some Ghosts USA. Awful.

• Like 1

Â