Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

1 hour ago, sheepyvillian said:

I'm about to start Vikings Valhalla. Any thoughts?

I like it. It's not as good as the first four series of the original Vikings, but still pretty enjoyable. Final episodes coming up in the new year. 

• Thanks 1

Gotten round to giving Atlanta a go. I was already enjoying it by that point, but episode 7 (the B.A.N. one) is absolutely top drawer TV, had to catch my breath.

Tangentially related, the latest What We Do In The Shadows felt like a return to form after a slight lull in the previous season.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GarethRDR said:

Tangentially related, the latest What We Do In The Shadows felt like a return to form after a slight lull in the previous season.

The previous season gave us some of the very best of episodes  , night market , go flip yourself , the genie , hypnotising the headmaster .. superb stuff , though nothing will beat season 2’s episode where Lazlo goes on the run from Mark Hamil

On 14/12/2023 at 00:07, tonyh29 said:

The previous season gave us some of the very best of episodes  , night market , go flip yourself , the genie , hypnotising the headmaster .. superb stuff , though nothing will beat season 2’s episode where Lazlo goes on the run from Mark Hamil

The scene at the end of one of them with Laszlo buggering the Colin Robinson hybrid will live with me forever

I'm quite enjoying "Kin" on Iplayer. It's obviously loosely based on real events, but Aidan Quinn and Ciaran Hinds are always worth a watch. The episode where Frank visits his brother in the jail had me howling, "cos everyone knows you're just a windy word removed?" I'm tying to think of the actor who plays Brendan, Frank,s brother. 

On 27/11/2023 at 14:40, PieFacE said:

Kin season 2 finished. Very very very good!

Big S2 spoiler below so don't read if you're planning on watching it.

Reveal hidden contents

Francis Magee's character "Bren" was so good. It's a shame they killed him off so quickly. Would have quite liked a season where he was properly in charge and things got a little more chaotic. 

I'm on episode 7 of season 1. Where can you watch season 2. 

3 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

I'm quite enjoying "Kin" on Iplayer. It's obviously loosely based on real events, but Aidan Quinn and Ciaran Hinds are always worth a watch. The episode where Frank visits his brother in the jail had me howling, "cos everyone knows you're just a windy word removed?" I'm tying to think of the actor who plays Brendan, Frank,s brother. 

Kin is very good indeed. I Just need to wait for the second season to come on iPlayer.

The actor who plays Frank's brother is the mercurial Francis Magee. Brilliant character actor whose been in everything from Eastenders, Peep Show and Game of Thrones.

Oh, and its Aidan Gillan, not Aidan Quinn 👍

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Designer1 said:

Kin is very good indeed. I Just need to wait for the second season to come on iPlayer.

The actor who plays Frank's brother is the mercurial Francis Magee. Brilliant character actor whose been in everything from Eastenders, Peep Show and Game of Thrones.

Oh, and its Aidan Gillan, not Aidan Quinn 👍

I've got the last episode to go on season 1. Thought I would save it for tonight. 

Francis Magee was the character in GOT who collected all the miscreants for the wall. He was hilarious on that prison visit with Frank, "you look like an hairdresser, " that had me howling because it's true.

• Like 1

30 Coins might not be a great series, or even a good one. But I'll give it top marks for being weird and out there. It's like some sort of horror/Catholicism/drama show with lots of gore and some bewbs. Kinda. Think a Preacher-ish/Silent Hill-ish/Hellraiser-ish type of thing but nothing like those at all really. With somewhat competent practical effects and costumes but terrible CGI, soap opera level acting and a story that just goes absolutely insane in S2 and the final episode in particular :D 

And it stars Paul Giamatti in S2 for some reason.

Â