Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

15 minutes ago, Bizzzle said:

3 episodes in to Reacher and I'll be honest I am struggling to concentrate whilst watching it. I do like it but I do find myself on my phone a fair bit and not really paying attention so I am slightly lost. It will probably be something I watch again properly if it gets renewed for a second season

You've probably missed the buebs then.

Can't remember if I posted once I'd finished Succession.

Please to report it really did pick up in seasons 2 and 3.

I still think the hype around it is a bit ott. But it's a very very good show.

I think I'll always struggle to enjoy a show where literally every character is intensely unlikeable

3 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I think I'll always struggle to enjoy a show where literally every character is intensely unlikeable

Kendall is the most "likeable" but it's worth watching for Shiv's top-drawer arse.

4 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Can't remember if I posted once I'd finished Succession.

Please to report it really did pick up in seasons 2 and 3.

I still think the hype around it is a bit ott. But it's a very very good show.

about 4 episodes in to series 1. i really like it but finding it difficult to get time to watch it cause the mrs hated it

agreed though it's nothing special. standard 7/10

1 minute ago, rjw63 said:

Kendall is the most "likeable" but it's worth watching for Shiv's top-drawer arse.

I'd rate Kendall as one of the least likeable to be honest. In season 3 he's intolerable.

Gregg is the only one who is remotely likeable.

Shiv, meh. Does nothing for me.

• Shocked 1

50 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I think that's what I like most about it. They're all complete assholes yet I find myself rooting for one of them all the time. 

For me it's the best TV Show since The Wire I think. 

Edited by PieFacE

2 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

I think that's what I like most about it. They're all complete assholes yet I find myself rooting for one of them all the time. 

High praise indeed.

I really like it, it's very very good.

But it's not a top tier show for me.

18 hours ago, Eidolon said:

Anyone on here watched Archive 81 on Netflix? A great little spooky thriller that goes to some very interesting places I thought, really enjoyed it watching an episode a night with my girlfriend (I think you’d probably find it hard to binge) definitely will have to look out for the lead as I hadn’t seen him in anything before but thought he was very impressive.

I will be the odd one out but I though it lost its way about half way through and wont bother with the season 2 they have set up.

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

But it's not a top tier show for me.

I've not started it yet, its on the list

what context for not a top tier show? history or current? because I think at the moment there's not actually that much quality about, there's tons of stuff don't get me wrong but proper 10/10 stone cold must watch stuff I think you're going back to spring 2019 with Chernobyl and when they see us and both of them were mini series 

basically I think succession is benefitting from TV being in a bit of a dip right now

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I've not started it yet, its on the list

what context for not a top tier show? history or current? because I think at the moment there's not actually that much quality about, there's tons of stuff don't get me wrong but proper 10/10 stone cold must watch stuff I think you're going back to spring 2019 with Chernobyl and when they see us and both of them were mini series 

basically I think succession is benefitting from TV being in a bit of a dip right now

I was talking historic, with Top Tier being The Wire, Sopranos, Breaking Bad (for me)

• Like 1

I've just caught up with the new series of Battle Bots - there's no 'proper' way to watch it in the UK, which is dumb, but it can be acquired by other means, of course.

It's a lot like Robot Wars, except the big difference is no house robots, and all the teams are very competent robot builders. Few different rules too, like they can use fire, or have a drone in addition to the main bot (which is usually a flyable flame thrower). 

There are few TV shows which fill me with a genuine childlike excitement anymore, but this - this does. It's great. The first couple of seasons of the re-booted show from 2015 and 2016 are on Netflix, but the downside is that there will generally be 4/5 fights per hour long show, and an awful lot of that is boring filler. It's very American style analysis, and I don't have an awful lot of patience for it (why do they have such a hard on for 'brackets'?). Fortunately, someone on Reddit uploads the edited shows, so I don't have to watch any of the fluff.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, PieFacE said:

That’s some statement. The wire was a masterpiece! 

Just now, Demitri_C said:

Its suppose to be squid gamey isnt itM

Any good?

The Squid Game thing is just a lazy comparison Dem (they're both Korean basically).

I've still only watched a few episodes, but if you like your Outbreak/Virus/Zombie dramas with a bit of quality then I think you'll enjoy it.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

The Squid Game thing is just a lazy comparison Dem (they're both Korean basically).

I've still only watched a few episodes, but if you like your Outbreak/Virus/Zombie dramas with a bit of quality then I think you'll enjoy it.

The reason i said that was i thought it was same directors?

16 hours ago, rjw63 said:

Yep.  Agree on that.  He seems to be trying to do 'the right thing' much of the time.  More so than the rest of them anyway.  

Greg and Tom I find the funniest characters.  Shiv does seem to have a nice arse but it's rarely on display 😀

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Designer1 said:

My daughter watched it and she said it was fantastic, she does however live kdrama and zombie films. 

Â