Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

Great episode of Westworld this week.

Spoiler

I called Bernard being a host a few weeks ago but it was still done very well.

I also think William is The Man in Black. There's a lot of evidence that points that way.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, AJ said:

Stranger Things would have to get my vote for best new show this year.

Trying to think what else there's been that I've seen

the crown, westworld, the get down, 11.22.63, Luke cage, vinyl, not sure if billions was this year, the night of, the night manager, Victoria, preacher, vice principles

yeah I'd say ST has been the best new show and maybe even the best show

First episode of the new Top Gear series that is called "The Grand Tour" for legal reasons is out today on Amazon.

I've no interest in cars or motorsports what so ever, but I still kinda like the old Top Gear.

It's scripted, corny, somewhat casually sexist and racist, but pretty funny thanks to the chemistry between between Clarkson, May and Hammond.

• Like 1

Have got through three quarters of Luke Cage, not expecting to really get into it but it 's pretty decent.

I quite like the fact it's not a typical Marvel 'superhero' series and there's a lot of social and historical emphasis on the Harlem location.

17 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Have got through three quarters of Luke Cage, not expecting to really get into it but it 's pretty decent.

I quite like the fact it's not a typical Marvel 'superhero' series and there's a lot of social and historical emphasis on the Harlem location.

I'd be interested to see if you still felt like that at the end.

I found it catastrophically dull. Well made and with a few nice ideas and themes and good cast... But dull dull dull.

2 hours ago, Chindie said:

I'd be interested to see if you still felt like that at the end.

I found it catastrophically dull. Well made and with a few nice ideas and themes and good cast... But dull dull dull.

I like the fact it's quieter than the usual marvel films/series. 

As for being dull, I disagree. Whilst there isn't explosions and fights every five minutes the characters have been developed well (especially Mariah Dillard)

i'll update when I finish the first season (who knows I may change my opinion!)

New series of The Affair starts tomorrow. 

I do wish they had finished it at the end of the second series, but I enjoyed it enough to want to know what happens next regardless. 

• Like 1

Mr Robot season 2 has just got stupid

Spoiler

The amazing hacker has never seen a marketplace on the Darkweb before? It's not as if they are unknown or hard to get on. There's absolutely no way he wouldn't know about it.

On 17/11/2016 at 09:32, sharkyvilla said:

Series 2, I only started at the weekend.  I kind of know the rough story from reading a couple of the books but it's great.

Stop after season four (the one with John Lithgow). It's the best season and the final episode is some of the best TV I've ever seen, but from season five onwards the show takes a nosedive.

• Like 1

Finished season 4 (the final season) of Banshee last night. Excellent series and bowed out at the right time. Not keen on shows that keep going and going, purely for money reasons. 5 seasons really should be the optimum length for a show. 

• Like 2

Following on from above, what are your top 5 box-sets / series of all time? I'm only going to include shows that have finished:

1. The Wire - enough has been said about this that I don't really need to comment

2. The Shield - vastly underrated cop show in LA. More action packed than The Wire. Even the 'good' guys are shits!

3. Californication - the first 3 series are exceptional. Hank is one of the best TV characters ever created

4. Banshee - a rollercoaster from start to finish and some of the most violet fight scenes I have ever seen!

5. Lost - this could have been so much better but when it was good, nothing could touch it.

Honourable mentions to 24 and Entourage, which just missed the cut

I will caveat my list by saying I haven't seen Breaking Bad, Mad Men, The Sopranos or Boardwalk Empire. 

In terms of the current stuff i've seen, nothing is looking like it could break into the top 5, although yet to start Game of Thrones. 

Â