Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

7 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

obviously didnt get it ;) 

tbf i think breaking bad is shite, ive watched the first series 3 times now, made it as far as half way through the 2nd series once

How can you not like BB?

Edited by AVFCDAN

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

tbf i think breaking bad is shite, ive watched the first series 3 times now, made it as far as half way through the 2nd series once

Praise the lord, there is another. I thought it was just me in the entire world who thought it was boring.

My missus liked it though so we ended up watching all of it. I was so happy when it was over.

• Like 3

If we're on to confessions I can reveal that I never enjoyed Seinfeld.

I just don't get the appeal. Never laughed at a single episode, and I've seen them all multiple times because they're always on at some channel. 

At best some episodes are mildly entertaining. 

53 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

Praise the lord, there is another. I thought it was just me in the entire world who thought it was boring.

My missus liked it though so we ended up watching all of it. I was so happy when it was over.

yeah id say im the same, found it boring, the concept was fine but i wasnt particularly interested in the supporting cast and for me it lacked depth, take brian cranston's performance out of it and there wouldnt be anything redeeming about it, wouldnt say i was over awed by the hype either, was given the boxset for series 1 & 2 to watch by my boss just before the 3rd series started

46 minutes ago, sne said:

I just don't get the appeal. Never laughed at a single episode, and I've seen them all multiple times because they're always on at some channel. 

That's hardly a confession.  

I did as a kid. Not so much now. It seemed to be easier to hang a whole episode on a single large slapstick hook. e.g. a rat running through the restaurant floor or goose-stepping etc.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

Here's one then. Fawlty Towers, I don't think it's even slightly funny. I genuinely find it a bit odd that it's considered to be one of the greatest sitcoms.

Still my favourite comedy of all time. Absolute genius writing and still fresh today.

Each to their own and all that :)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sne said:

giphy.gif

4 hours ago, villa4europe said:

obviously didnt get it ;) 

You're watching it wrong.

Instead of watching the first season 3 times... try this instead...    

Watch S1 first, followed by S2, the S3 then S4 then S5.  :) 

• Like 1

I don't dislike Fawty Towers but I find it less funny each time I watch it ... Blackadder never gets like that for me , even though I can probably quote every episode line for line ,it's still funny , even allow for Rik Mayall turning up now and then and running it ( I like Mayall but Flashheart  makes me cringe )

Might be an age thing with comedy , In-Betweeners it probably one of the funniest shows ever made , but I'll watch it again in 15 years and probably think it's awful , just as I do now if I see an episode of the Young Ones

Edited by tonyh29
  • Like 2

Â