Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

On 11/8/2016 at 22:39, Meath_Villan said:

Westworld about to get interesting ...why the **** did they up her attributes and not just turn the all to 0 and get the funk out

Yeah they definitely could have written that scene better. other than that it's excellent TV though despite some scenes being quite obviously shot in front of a blue screen.

1 hour ago, Meath_Villan said:

I Found boardwalk was one season too long, like most american tv shows they seem to drag a "hit" show out just that bit too long

I thought they struggled with the persistent antagonist and that ultimately the supporting characters were more interesting than knucky, they didn't manage to pull of an ensemble in the same way that the wire did, compare knucky with mcnulty, mcnulty stayed a decent character but got engulfed by the crowd all taking it in turns to shine, if BE had gone down a similar path then I think it would have been better, i think they were reluctant to step in to actual history so kept the real characters at arms length 

2 hours ago, Davkaus said:

Boardwalk is one I missed as well. I absolutely adored the Sopranos despite usually hating 'mob' shows, so I'm going to give it a go. I'm trusting you, @Midfielder

I'm on episode three of eight in season 5 so five left. You know when you find something that "fits" , this is one of them. Some incredible characters in this. Really stylish. there is a lot of The Sopranos in this, I don't mean plot copying.... Just you'll see what I mean. As said in my big post above, I completely skipped this throughout it being on... Now I have access to it, I have blitzed through it as quickly as I can, more more more!!! Enjoy Davkaus!

8 hours ago, sidcow said:

I have been enjoying The Victorian Slum. 

Obviously enhanced with appearances by Carl Chinn Villa fan 

You've not lived till you've seen Carl Chinn, pissed up and dancing to Northern Soul, in the Aston Social. :D

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Midfielder said:

Bye bye Boardwalk Empire. :( 

feelings of loss and trauma, when finishing a good box set ! 

its true, its almost a sad event when a great box set ends. I was the same when I finished The Wire, The Shield and even Lost, which had its ups and downs 

On 11/11/2016 at 08:27, dAVe80 said:

You've not lived till you've seen Carl Chinn, pissed up and dancing to Northern Soul, in the Aston Social. :D

Carl Chinn is great. My Dad was interviewed by him on his Radio WM show the other year and has nothing but nice things to say about him. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Xela said:

Carl Chinn is great. My Dad was interviewed by him on his Radio WM show the other year and has nothing but nice things to say about him. 

Yep, proud Brummie, bigs the city up at every opportunity, and a Villa fan to boot. :thumb:

• Like 1

Got to give props to Black Mirror S3E4. I can appreciate a show that can write something compelling whilst also explicitly aiming for about every 'trigger' subject it could...

Spoiler

Interracial couple, homosexual relationship, same sex marriage, euthanasia, digs at religion, heaven through technology...

Good stuff.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Xela said:

its true, its almost a sad event when a great box set ends. I was the same when I finished The Wire, The Shield and even Lost, which had its ups and downs 

Too true. On the rebound, after being dumped by Boardwalk Empire, I have quickly started a next day relationship with sons of anarchy. 7 seasons of about 13/14 episodes a pop. It was gonna be a one night stand (the pilot), but we're going steady now and doing great. 

I keep hearing about the wire, never seen any but will check that out possibly next. Was gonna do Deadwood but the lure of SAMCRO won me over. The shield, I hear that, I watched that back in the day of it being on telly but never saw all episodes. I'm rarely ever "there" while a series is in flow and get impatient waiting for next instalments or miss them, like with the shield, that's the beauty of box sets especially those that have totally finished, you can whizz through them at your leisure. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Midfielder said:

Too true. On the rebound, after being dumped by Boardwalk Empire, I have quickly started a next day relationship with sons of anarchy. 7 seasons of about 13/14 episodes a pop. It was gonna be a one night stand (the pilot), but we're going steady now and doing great. 

I keep hearing about the wire, never seen any but will check that out possibly next. Was gonna do Deadwood but the lure of SAMCRO won me over. The shield, I hear that, I watched that back in the day of it being on telly but never saw all episodes. I'm rarely ever "there" while a series is in flow and get impatient waiting for next instalments or miss them, like with the shield, that's the beauty of box sets especially those that have totally finished, you can whizz through them at your leisure. 

The Wire is exceptional. You have to give it a few episodes as its not as catchy from the off as other shows but my, what a pay off. 

24 is another great series. I watched all 8 series of 24 episodes back to back. I was even thinking like Jack Bauer! It has dated a tad, but still wonderful TV. Some of the most tense TV scenes I have ever experienced. 

Another great set is Banshee. Perhaps not as well known as the other shows (but very highly recommended on here) and its fantastic. No slow build up there. Its straight into it from episode 1. 

So much good TV out there. I only got one episode into Boardwalk Empire and Deadwood. Just didn't have the free time to commit to them. 

17 minutes ago, Xela said:

Started Eastbound and Down, finally. 3 episodes into series 1 and love it already. 

It's honestly brilliant and very undrrrated, great performance throughout from Danny Mcbride portraying someone you love and hate at the same time, it's also very funny and Stevie is one of the best side kicks ever.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Xela said:

The Wire is exceptional. You have to give it a few episodes as its not as catchy from the off as other shows but my, what a pay off. 

24 is another great series. I watched all 8 series of 24 episodes back to back. I was even thinking like Jack Bauer! It has dated a tad, but still wonderful TV. Some of the most tense TV scenes I have ever experienced. 

Another great set is Banshee. Perhaps not as well known as the other shows (but very highly recommended on here) and its fantastic. No slow build up there. Its straight into it from episode 1. 

So much good TV out there. I only got one episode into Boardwalk Empire and Deadwood. Just didn't have the free time to commit to them. 

Thanks , I'll note that, banshee and 24. I've never heard of banshee and know all about 24 but never seen any. These tips are welcome but ok, it'll be the wire I go for next. Blitzing through "Sons" but might try the Wire

Â