Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

If you're after an actor who can say his lines as if he's reading them for the first time without any emotion and all in one monotoned sentence then Owen is your man.

I think you're posting absolute tosh.

Well I'm exaggerating for effect, obviously. I don't think he's incapable of acting.

But the general point stands. I find him very unemotional, he delivers his lines in a dull monotone, and it does sound like he's reading his lines some of the time, SIn City being the prime example. He is terrible in that.

I like some of the films he's in. Children of Men is excellent, Derailed I remember being alright (although it's years since I saw it) (soz D Man), Bourne Identity is brilliant, as is Sin City. The International and Inside Man are both passable films, but unremarkable.

But I don't particularly rate his performance in any of them apart from Children of Men.

Bourne and Sin City, especially, are brilliant despite him, rather than because of him.

I just think he's an incredibly successful actor, despite not being particularly good at it.

Edited by Stevo985

Each to their own.

I think you're mistaken - he's no Richardson or Olivier, I grant, but I don't think the 'awful' assessment is warranted.

Have you seen him in Sin City or The Bourne Identity? Dreadful.

Nice guy from what I've seen on chat shows, but a dreadful actor.

He is a very wooden actor though his best role was Shoot em Up, classic film :D

Just finished S4E1 of American Horror Story. Still as crazy as ever!

Just watched this, I hope it is as good as the first series, I though that one was excellent, never saw the second but the third was terrible

The second one is the best so far.

I quite liked Coven to be honest, I thought Kathy Bates and Jessica Lange were ace in it.

Just finished S4E1 of American Horror Story. Still as crazy as ever!

Just watched this, I hope it is as good as the first series, I though that one was excellent, never saw the second but the third was terrible
The second one is the best so far.

I quite liked Coven to be honest, I thought Kathy Bates and Jessica Lange were ace in it.

Nope Coven was terrible, someone dies bring them back to life, oh look someone else has died let's bring them back, oh dear look they have gone and died let's bring them back...have you died yet? No, well in that case would you mind if I killed you just so I can bring you back to life?

Second series is on Netflix US, I'll have to try and give it a watch once I've finished peaky blinders

The latest season of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia wad very disappointing IMO. Seemed like the writers had run out of ideas and we're just hamming it up with the characters.

I found out the other day though that the actors who play Mac and Dee are married in real life.

The latest season of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia wad very disappointing IMO. Seemed like the writers had run out of ideas and we're just hamming it up with the characters.

I found out the other day though that the actors who play Mac and Dee are married in real life.

And Charlie and the waitress are married too.

Utopia won't be returning because not enough people watched it. It's not important how good a show is, 'cult followings' don't pay the bills apparently. C4 are better off showing shite for morons like Gogglebox, The Man With 5 Heads and Gordon Ramsay Yelling Again.

Â