Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

US documentaries usually have really, really goofy and/or over enthusiastic narration which I can't stand.

Understated Attenborough, that's all you need.

True. Cosmos was good stuff, but Carl Sagan's style of delivery made me cringe.

US documentaries usually have really, really goofy and/or over enthusiastic narration which I can't stand.

Understated Attenborough, that's all you need.

True. Cosmos was good stuff, but Carl Sagan's style of delivery made me cringe.

Neil refers to Carl (Such a great name BTW) many times in the latest version but the show is ultra modern and benefits from recent technological updates . Sagan's Cosmos is outdated ... But that's science !

Utopia won't be returning because not enough people watched it. It's not important how good a show is, 'cult followings' don't pay the bills apparently. C4 are better off showing shite for morons like Gogglebox, The Man With 5 Heads and Gordon Ramsay Yelling Again.

Are you certain about that? I've just finished watching S02E06. This show is brilliant. Just brilliant. I just love it when you can't really guess what's going on or, better yet, what is doing to happen. Every time I thought I was on to things - they managed to surprise me. 

It is not fair to end the show like that! They have to make a final season to end this properly. Just as they did on "Fringe". Although the rating was dropping - they've created a short 5th season just to allow a proper closure.

BBC documentaries have dumbed down (which is alright for me, but for people of average/above average intelligence then maybe they expect more) if you compare old series like Life on Earth to Planet Earth there is a major difference. Watching the old ones you feel like your learning something, the more recent ones it seems more like they're trying to provoke a sence of wonder and the bombastic soundtracks can be a little annoying.

Edited by useless

Utopia won't be returning because not enough people watched it. It's not important how good a show is, 'cult followings' don't pay the bills apparently. C4 are better off showing shite for morons like Gogglebox, The Man With 5 Heads and Gordon Ramsay Yelling Again.

I'll have you know that The Man With 5 Heads was both hilarious and touching. Who's the moron now? Mr 'My Show Might Get Cancelled And I Won't Know The Ending' B)
  • Like 1

Finished watching the BBC 3 part drama - The Driver

All about a middle aged taxi driver, whose marriage is crap, job is crap etc etc when he's sent to pick up an old friend who'd just got out of prison. He then gets employed as a 'driver' for the criminal boss and his life spirals out of control into more shit than he was already in.

It was pretty good, but the ending felt rushed and 'easy/convenient'.

Still worth watching and should be on iPlayer.

Â