Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

started some new ones -

the flash - thought it was ok, i dont know anything about the flash so im not sure who the characters are, never watched arrow either, but its was instantly better than - 

gotham - which so far is boring IMO

leftovers - good start, very intriguing, not sure where they'll go with it, hopefully not down the him being crazy route

the knick - not for the feint hearted! the surgery scenes are very graphic, the racism side story is good, owen's accent is all over the shop though

started some new ones -

the flash - thought it was ok, i dont know anything about the flash so im not sure who the characters are, never watched arrow either, but its was instantly better than -

gotham - which so far is boring IMO

leftovers - good start, very intriguing, not sure where they'll go with it, hopefully not down the him being crazy route

the knick - not for the feint hearted! the surgery scenes are very graphic, the racism side story is good, owen's accent is all over the shop though

I really enjoyed the leftovers watched the entire series in two days. Not everyone's cup of tea but It really hooked me in.

Edited by heffoman

The wife is about to pop our sprog out any day now so I spent some dollar on Amazon and lined up some beauties to see me through the sleepless nights on paternity leave.....

Boardwalk Season 4 and The Newsroom Season 2

Feels a bit odd that I'm just as excited about seeing those than I am about becoming a father

• Like 1

Starting to get into The Blacklist. Very easy watching

Watched The Flash as well - it was ok, nothing more

The Wire starts for me tomorrow  :D

Started sons of anarchy....really not sure about it!

Surely if its lasted all those seasons it has to get better than the 4 or 5 I've seen.

I think it's brilliant but its probably not for everyone. Completely different to shows like The Wire and Breaking Bad. If you're a fan of The Shield you will enjoy it.

I would say stick with it. If you invest yourself in the characters and go along for the ride it has some of the most gut wrenching and emotional scenes I've ever watched.

Just finished the 2003-2009 series of Battlestar Galactica. Have to say it's up there as one of the best TV shows I've seen.

The amount of people who keep telling me that... I just can't get my head around it though. Maybe I'll watch them one day.

I've watched it and can't get my head around it.

just watched all of mad men series 7, not a clue why i didnt watch it at the time, took me a while to remember what had happened in series 6 apart from below, still brilliant, still not convinced by megan, pete campbell wasnt at his best (he's stolen previous series) dont know how they'll wrap it up

i cant remember what don did to joan to make her hate him so much

just watched all of mad men series 7, not a clue why i didnt watch it at the time, took me a while to remember what had happened in series 6 apart from below, still brilliant, still not convinced by megan, pete campbell wasnt at his best (he's stolen previous series) dont know how they'll wrap it up

Didn't he get her to sleep with a client to get made partner and then pretty much treat her like a whore after the fact?

Surely if its lasted all those seasons it has to get better than the 4 or 5 I've seen.

I think it's brilliant but its probably not for everyone. Completely different to shows like The Wire and Breaking Bad. If you're a fan of The Shield you will enjoy it.

I would say stick with it. If you invest yourself in the characters and go along for the ride it has some of the most gut wrenching and emotional scenes I've ever watched.

cheers sonic. Kind of what I wanted to hear. I loved the shield which hasn't harmed your explanation either

cheers sonic. Kind of what I wanted to hear. I loved the shield which hasn't harmed your explanation either
Kurt Sutter was a writer on The Shield and it's fun spotting how many faces from it turn up in Sons.

As for SOA. My missus hated it after two episodes but stuck with it and us now a huge fan :lol:

Edited by rjw63
  • Like 1

Didn't he get her to sleep with a client to get made partner and then pretty much treat her like a whore after the fact?

Yep that's the one! I'd forgot about that

The latest season of SoA has been good but i do not like the way Jax's character has evolved

In the earlier seasons everything he did had a purpose it was to save his club and get away from the bad shit he was always one step ahead but this season he's just being motivated by hatred and everything is just going out the window which is fair enough but in the latest episode

When the old man from indian hills mentioned his father the book and how he wanted better from him i thought he'd snap out of it but he just blew him away senseless... Also i wonder what piece of Bobby they will take next!

Edited by AshVilla

final episode of boardwalk, the capone scenes, especially with his son, reaffirmed my opinion of where a great show has gone wrong, better characters than the main one and they've skipped over some amazing years to finish it

its been brilliant, definitely 2nd tier but thats not a bad thing, think its an important show, part of the revolution that the sopranos and the wire weren't party to and the heights that breaking bad (from what ive seen) never tried to do, tv sticking its fingers up to film at its finest

And the other thing, the twist was good but the build up to it was underplayed, instead the build up they had all seaso. With the flashbacks IMO really didn't work, the pay off really wasn't there which rendered the flashbacks and hence half the series pointless, if you wre to watch series 1 again you could probably guess the outcome, it was hardly a shock and even upon knowing what had occurred I was struggling to see what it changed, waste of time IMO after so much effort

Â