Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

I am beginning to truly love The Detectorists

this weeks episode:

Lance: To be honest I think the MDC days are numbered:

Russ: But we've still got half a jar of coffee left.

had me in stiches

Edited by Rodders
  • Like 2

this weeks episode:

had me in stiches

Agree it's a great little show - loved the Simon & Garfunkel jokes a couple of episodes ago.

Very twee and totally British!

this weeks episode:

had me in stiches

Agree it's a great little show - loved the Simon & Garfunkel jokes a couple of episodes ago.

Very twee and totally British!

The bits I've seen, I've really liked. Wish I'd watched it all to be honest. I'm sure I'll get around to it eventually, 

• Like 1

And the other thing, the twist was good but the build up to it was underplayed, instead the build up they had all seaso. With the flashbacks IMO really didn't work, the pay off really wasn't there which rendered the flashbacks and hence half the series pointless, if you wre to watch series 1 again you could probably guess the outcome, it was hardly a shock and even upon knowing what had occurred I was struggling to see what it changed, waste of time IMO after so much effort

The ending left me feeling very underwhelmed. I guessed that what happened would have to, but it really did fell a bit rushed, and as if it was just something they came up with at the last moment. The whole of the last season has felt a bit like that though to be fair. There were too many story lines that just ended abruptly, or were just forgotten about. Eight shows to wrap it up just wasn't enough I don't think. 

Edited by dAVe80

Death in Paradise... Never seen before, it has Danny Jules in it....I miss The Cat... Tongue tied is one of the best songs ever :(

What a freaking awful program Death in Paradise is. Soggy Cardboard has more artistic merit

My kids 'met' Danny Jules and weren't shy about interrupting him half way through his lunch for photos. Which he was really nice about. He presumed they were Red Dwarf fans and looked utterly flabbergasted when they said no, Death in Paradise.

They met him again then about a month later at some sci fi convention thing and he said he remembered them because they liked Death in Paradise.

I've seen it, it does what it says on the tin: Sunday evening TV

I'd put Gomarra up there with Breaking Bad and Boardwalk. I've not long finished watching it and I could watch it again.

Yeah I enjoyed Gomorra as well. I wouldn't say it was quite as good a BB in my opinion as it has only been 1 season to date, however I did find myself feeling the need to see the next episode after one had finished which is the same feeling i had with BB. I think that I read somewhere a season 2 is in the offing, but we probably won't see it until 2016.

Edited by NeilS
  • Like 1

Started twin peaks last night...

dun dunnnnn....dun dUnnnnnnn

Ok so I started it and am a few episodes in, but I'm not exactly hooked yet, I thought I was but I'm not. I think there's like a super natural element going on with dreams and visions and stuff that I'm not into. I kind of pictured this as Broadchurch on cocaine but I've got kind of broadchurch with the odd trip of lsd.

Edited by Folski

Death in Paradise... Never seen before, it has Danny Jules in it....I miss The Cat... Tongue tied is one of the best songs ever :(

What a freaking awful program Death in Paradise is. Soggy Cardboard has more artistic merit

Only seen ten minutes and wasn't impressed... DJJ can only be the cat and the bloke in maid Marion.. A serious role just isn't right

Just subscribed to Netflix (1 month free trial) after purchasing a Roku streaming stick. Already subscribe to Now TV so this combo should keep me busy!

Â