bickster

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

-------------Hart--------------------

Lichtsteiner----Dunne------Carlos------Warnock

-----------NRC-------Petrov----------

Donovan---------Ireland----------Young, A.

---------------Santa Cruz-------------

or

Donovan----NRC-----Ireland----------Young, A

---------------Santa Cruz---Gabby----------

Get rid of Heskey, Sidders and Young, L (only because it looks like MON wants too)

Id ask for 15 million plus Santa Cruz and Ireland for Milner, take 10mill plus those two.

Take it you don't rate Downing?! He'll prove you wrong! :)

John Carew >>>> Roque Santa Cruz

Mate I love JC, I really do, and you could possibly be right!

Just think RSC would give us a bit more consistency, I def wouldnt get rid of Carew, as you can play him and RSC against your Stokes and Boltons etc.. Whilst Gabby could well benefit from his intelligence with the ball in holding it up and bringing him and the others into the game.

or

Get rid of Heskey, Sidders and Young, L (only because it looks like MON wants too)

Id ask for 15 million plus Santa Cruz and Ireland for Milner, take 10mill plus those two.

I hope he does mate! Hes got ability, and we all know about his injury, I just think he needs to impose himself in the final third especially, his final pass/shot/delivery is lacking, but again, I hope he proves me wrong!

Donovan, Ireland and young would be lethal.

or

i suspect if you asked for 15 - 10 M plus those two you'd be laughed out. Especially as the only offer weve had is 20m inc add ons. Also need to work out how we accomodate two people on the wages of Santa Cruz and Ireland into our wage structure.

I don't know if anyone else has mentioned this name already but would anyone else take Spiderman - Jonas Gutierrez - from Newcastle to play the Milner role? He is 28 now, so still has a few years left him and it wouldn't cost the world to buy him.

Gutierrez is a South American rarity in the fact that he works his socks off for the team and seems to be very highly rated by the great Maradona, who said that he is one of the first 3 names on his team sheet, along with Messi and Mascherano (I think it was him anyway).

Gutierrez certainly fits the bill in terms of the kind of player MON likes. He has Premier League experience, works hard, runs all day, can play many positions without complaining and spent the majority of last season at right back :lol:

Big john's club goals last few season (recent first) 17, 15, 13, 3, 2, 12, 14

RSC club goals last few seasons (recent first) 4, 6, 23, 4, 3, 4, 0, 6, 5

I'd much rather have big John getting into the teens each year than wait for Santa Cruz to replicate the 1 good season he's had in his career so far.

or

Amen to that, brother!

Slightly off topic as Milner thread is locked but Stephen Warnocks interview on OS about England international says he wants to be in the team with other team mates such as Ashley Young, Stewart Downing, and Gabby Agbonlahor. No James Milner. Could be reading too much into it but maybe its all coming to an end soon

Slightly off topic as Milner thread is locked but Stephen Warnocks interview on OS about England international says he wants to be in the team with other team mates such as Ashley Young, Stewart Downing, and Gabby Agbonlahor. No James Milner. Could be reading too much into it but maybe its all coming to an end soon

The Villa players have hardly uttered JM's name during press conferences this preseason unless directly asked about his potential move away.

Several players have already omitted him from statements including team mates names. Petrov, Albrighton and Warnock have all named other players as influences, talent or potentiall international players.

Obviously the JM transfer is a done-deal and just pending the finities (and maybe convincing Ireland!!)

We should put a cheeky bid in for Valon Behrami

I like Diamanti from Spam, I thought he was really good last year. Constant running just like Jimmy and he has a good shot on him (a decent penalty taker aswell).