Summer 2010 Transfer Talk / Unfounded Speculation

bickster

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heskey ain't going lads... who would want him?

Would be quite please if we got rid of Sidwell though. Hopefully that would mean more opportunity for Delph, Albrighton and Reo-Coker.

If we had another £100k available for wages, how much would Keane take up? I reckon he'd want £50-60k, meaning £40-50k for a backup left back and possibly another young midfielder

We also have Bouma and Harewood off the wage bill already along with Marshall but he probably would not have been on much wages

Keane is a dead-cert to come.

And you know this... how?

I'd say it was pretty obvious, you're just looking for a row.

Redknapp making those comments yesterday saying that he wouldn't want to have to part with Keane and that a couple of deals are just waiting for the Milner transfer to go through. City sign Milner, Ireland comes the other way, we use the money to buy Keane, and they use the extra money to buy Bellamy who didnt get off the bench yesterday. If Redknapp thought he was that valuable, he wouldn't have shipped him out on loan towards the end of last season. He's fourth in the pecking order there now, so he'll want a move.

Redknapp making those comments yesterday saying that he wouldn't want to have to part with Keane and that a couple of deals are just waiting for the Milner transfer to go through. City sign Milner, Ireland comes the other way, we use the money to buy Keane, and they use the extra money to buy Bellamy who didnt get off the bench yesterday. If Redknapp thought he was that valuable, he wouldn't have shipped him out on loan towards the end of last season. He's fourth in the pecking order there now, so he'll want a move.

No I'm not and if I was looking for a row why would you tell me why Keane would be coming here? Duh.

Thanks anyway.

No I'm not and if I was looking for a row why would you tell me why Keane would be coming here? Duh.

Thanks anyway.

You're welcome.

Kenwyne Jones anybody?

With Danny Wellbeck going to the Stadium of Light, he may be available.

Of course, can only see the point if we're selling Emile Heskey or John Carew.

Would be a decent signing at the right price.

Don't think it'll happen, but wouldn't mind seeing him here.

Kenwyne Jones anybody?

No thanks.

Kenwyne Jones anybody?

I'd rather have Tom Jones.

Kenwyne Jones has so much potential. IMO he's potentially Drogba Mk. II.

He needs the right motivation, guidance and coaching (a bit like Ireland) but I would shit if we signed him cause I reckon MON is perfect to make him realise his potential.

I'm probably alone in that assessment but it's the view I hold nonetheless.

I'm not looking for a row but have you got a link to where Redknapp says that or do you know where I can find it please?

Genuinely interested to read what he said.

Kenwyne Jones has so much potential. IMO he's potentially Drogba Mk. II.

He needs the right motivation, guidance and coaching (a bit like Ireland) but I would shit if we signed him cause I reckon MON is perfect to make him realise his potential.

I'm probably alone in that assessment but it's the view I hold nonetheless.

I agree but feel the same about Jo also. Runs for cover... :eek:

I have just read that Mounir El Hamdaoui is available for 5 million Euro's. Ajax had an offer accepted today but couldn't agree personal terms with him.

He would be a cracking signing for Villa and a absolute steal. AZ Alkmaar are in financial trouble and 1,5 years ago FC Barcelona were sniffing around him.

He is a great striker/2nd striker with sublime Rotterdam street skills. Grew uw with the likes of Van Persie and Glenn Loovens. He's had his injury problems in the past at Willem II but came back very strong. He has just turned 26 a week ago.

2001/02 Excelsior 6 2 First Divison

2002/03 Excelsior 21 2 Eredivisie

2003/04 Excelsior 33 17 First Divison

2004/05 Excelsior 14 11 First Divison

2004/05 Tottenham Hotspur 0 0 Premiership

2005/06 Derby County 9 3 First Division

2005/06 Tottenham Hotspur 0 0 Premiership

2006/07 Willem II 4 3 Eredivisie

2007/08 Willem II 2 0 Eredivisie

2007/08 AZ 23 7 Eredivisie

2008/09 AZ 31 23 Eredivisie

2009/10 AZ 27 20 Eredivisie

Total: 170 88

Missed chance for Villa...signed a few days ago for ajax and made his debut today and scored the 2 opening goals. 4,25 million pound bargain

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zbjsORsdbyk

Mail on Sunday:

Martin O'Neill keen to swoop as Steven Pienaar's new deal fails to materialise.

Aston Villa are hoping to take advantage of Everton’s failure to offer Steven Pienaar a new contract by luring the 28-year-old to Villa Park.

Pienaar has been linked with a move away from Goodison after starring for South Africa at the World Cup and is unhappy it is taking so long to sort out the deal with the Toffees.

Tottenham were reported to be lining up a bid and European Champions Inter Milan were thought to be keen on the midfielder, but so far clubs have been warned off by the £15m price tag attached by the club.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1301371/Martin-ONeill-lining-deal-Evertons-Steven-Pienaar.html#ixzz0w3AmMfCY