Summer 2010 Transfer Talk / Unfounded Speculation

bickster

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think with MON leaving, someone at the club signing Ireland would be a huge boost for us. I rate him so highly and left for work yesterday genuinely excited about the prospect of having him in our team.

It'd be the final nail in my coffin if we don't sign anyone or get a new boss by the time the window closes, ESPECIALLY if we lose Milner too.

Ireland holding talks, its on sky sports

So who is buying the players at AVFC. oh dear.

Would you rather sign nobody. It is clear MON wanted him, and he comes highly recommended from one of our senior players Richard Dunne.

SSN said Lerner hopes to get a manager in ready for the second game of the season, that means they would only have a week to get new players. With Milner leaving, he needs to be replaced, MON set up the deal with Ireland and I can't see why the board would stop the deal now.

If I had sacked a manger because of his poor transfers then no I wouldn't take his opinoin on players, and a testimony from an ex-team mate is a biased account. (sacked = taken away funding or control of squad)

Just find it odd that this has escallated so quickly now Mon has gone, maybe the board didnt like his slowly slowly apporach or thought they might have to keep Milner another year and lose out on a lot of cash if Mon got his way.

If I had sacked a manger because of his poor transfers then no I wouldn't take his opinoin on players, and a testimony from an ex-team mate is a biased account. (sacked = taken away funding or control of squad)

Just find it odd that this has escallated so quickly now Mon has gone, maybe the board didnt like his slowly slowly apporach or thought they might have to keep Milner another year and lose out on a lot of cash if Mon got his way.

It was rumoured to be completed by Thurday before MON left, so I don't see how it's sped up proceedings.

O'Neill had transfer negotiations taken away form him, just like every other manager in the league. Didums.

Now we have two people who know a thing or two about asset acquisitions running the show. Just like every other club in the league.

We've been losing bucketloads of money it seems, with wages out of control, so if the deal was say 22 mill plus Ireland, and they then said ok Martin you can have 10 of that 20 million plus whatever else you generate from the fringe players,. I can't see how I could blame them, you have an excellent player coming in to replace another plus some cash, books need to be balanced!

Ireland holding talks, its on sky sports

So who is buying the players at AVFC. oh dear.

I assumed it's common knowledge that Randy and MON have regular meetings that involve transfer targets and now probably you can include Paul Faulkner. I'm sure a list of targets were drew up and Ireland was one of them (I hope) so despite MON leaving on his own accord we are still able to negiotate transfers. It's not like we are having players behind signed behind the managers back based on Youtube clips.

A day after we lost our manager this transfer goes from rumored to SSN reporting the player is holding talks at Villa Park. Thats a fair old leap and suggests that Martin wanted to take the deal in another direction.

IMO Martin found out on monday that transfer dealings were no longer in his remit and he did what everyone on here (and the board) knew he would do if that day ever came.

So my guess is that they have the replacement already sorted.

Is it really wise to get in Ireland without the blessing of the new manager ? He may not even rate him or may want to go in a different direction. Does this mean we have someone already lined up and to whom transfer discussion has already been dealt with ? I hope so otherwise we are in the position that our American owner is now purchasing players which is a dangerous path to go down . I would love Ireland here by the way but it is no ones decision but Mr X , whoever that may be.