Summer 2010 Transfer Talk / Unfounded Speculation

bickster

apart from beckford none of them are 1st teamers though, i think gueye could prove to be a brilliant signing, but the difference between evertone finishing 8th and 6th? cant see it

like liverpool, the best thing everton can do this summer IMO is keep everyone, and more importantly keep them all fit

i dont even think Beckford is a first teamer to be honest. Free transfer from League 1, i dread to think what would happen on this board if that was MONs first signing of the summer.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does it not depress any of you that Liverpool, Spurs, Man City and Everton are all making their squads stronger, progressing, and showing ambition. We are not. We were supposed to have money to spend regardless if we sold players or not. That obviously isn't true as surely O'Neill knows we need to buy quality players for the start of the season. I'm fed up of us being constantly linked to players like McGeady, Keane, Carlton Cole. Why can't we be linked to players like Ozil and Muller? Proven young quality from overseas? It's so frustrating. Lerner has been extremely generous with supplying MON with transfer kitty and MON has wasted too much of it. Beye, Shorey, Davies, NRC, Sidwell, Salifou, Harewood, Heskey, and the rest. So now we are in a situation where Lerner wants MON to generate his own cash to waste. Brilliant. Proud History? Definitely. Bright Future? No ambition, no signings, selling our best players, allowing our main rivals to steam ahead of us, having too much deadwood in the squad who no-one wants to buy, having a chairman who must surely be wondering why his money is being wasted....I would have to say no. Not in my lifetime anyway. Probably sounds over pessimistic but thats just the way I feel at the moment.

We've been linked to the following:

Hatem Ben Arfa

Mbark Boussoufa

Park Chu-Young

Evaldo

Sebastien Frey

Andrew Guardado

Alexander Hleb

Kader Keita

Klaas-Jan Huntelaar

Stanilov Manolev

Marco Reus

Juan Rodriguez

Stephane Sessegnon

Gabriel Tamas

Gregory Van Der Wiel

It's obvious that we're not going to attract a player like Ozil, why would he go to us when he could go to Man U/ Chelsea/ or many big foreign teams.

Beckfords apparantly had a cracking preseason with Everton, scoring a few goals along the way. I think most of there signings are just for improving their squad strength.

Has he had as good a pre-season as Luke Moore used to have?

Our "Team" photo will be funny to see, once taken it could be out of date 2 weeks later.

Also i'm guessing the number 3 and 9 shirts are now up for grabs? with 2, 4 and 8 maybe to follow?

Preseason means nothing, but that, his goals again prem teams Spurs and Man U are all you can go by against decent opposition. Was just merely a comment on his performances so far. If one of our players, like Albrighton has an awesome preseason a lot of fans then want him to start.

I can't believe some people are upset we aren't linked to big players in the press, when 90% of stories are utter fabrications and baseless. Maybe it's the way we operate and rarely leak our transfer targets to the the press, so they can keep guessing about who we might sign. The Milner transfer is dictating this transfer window and when that is resolved I'm sure we'll more activity. Honestly, after last season we still have a nucleas of a very good squad. We are just a striker and Milner replacement short of being there and there abouts again.

Our "Team" photo will be funny to see, once taken it could be out of date 2 weeks later.

Also i'm guessing the number 3 and 9 shirts are now up for grabs? with 2, 4 and 8 maybe to follow?

I think we'll be waiting for 1/9 to take it. Or maybe some players faces will be added to cover others up :)

Apparently Nicky Shorey is off to Albion, so the Albion forums seem to think.

Hopefully that will be someone off the wage bill.

Sounds good, he'll have fun in the Championship :winkold:

Beckfords apparantly had a cracking preseason with Everton, scoring a few goals along the way. I think most of there signings are just for improving their squad strength.

So did Dos Santos a couple of years ago. We'll see what he does in the league, first.

I cant believe how defensive some are on this forum.

Managers from other teams sign players..and..no surprise..branded as crap. Especially those who comes from abroad.

Well...at least they are trying.

Managers from other teams sign players..and..no surprise..branded as crap. Especially those who comes from abroad.

Tricella - how do know the club aren't trying to sign players???

To be honest - there's very little transfer activity going on at the moment for all clubs - even Citeh, with all their money are having to take their time to complete deals.

Just because (as ever) we don't shout from the rooftops the name of every and any player we're interested in does not mean we're doing jack all.

Why buy foreign shit when we have plenty of British shit to choose from??

All this look foreign is in general a complete and utter myth with only about one gem a season out of 10 journeymen being signed by the likes of Blackburn, Bolton or Fulham.

Because foriegn shit costs less than british shit my friend.

Doesn't speak the language, hates the cold, endures culture shock when confronted by Chavs, pines for home, drives on the wrong side of the road and **** off at the first opportunity.

And that was just Shaun Maloney................... :P