Summer 2010 Transfer Talk / Unfounded Speculation

bickster

cant afford not to sell milner really can we
It seems to be a case of keep Milner and get no one else in or sell Milner and buy two or three players.

So thats the choice

I would prefer the sell Milner buy two or three new players option, that is as long as the players we bring in are not deadwood. Milner wants out, cash in, get a striker, midfielder and a right back.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe we should have a look at that Loic Remy fella that Spurs, Pool and West Ham have been after. Stoke have had a bid accepted for him (reported £12m) and he is flying out for talks. Been desribed as the key member of a new look French national team front line. May be a better option than an ageing Robbie Keane, as we already have 2 30+ strikers, value for money as he is only 23. Sure he'd rather be here than Stoke.

He is a foreigner..unproven in Scotland..meaning MON wont have a look. I dont think he even know who the lad is...too far off shore...

I couldn't agree with you more :D.

It seems to be a case of keep Milner and get no one else in or sell Milner and buy two or three players.

So thats the choice

I would prefer the sell Milner buy two or three new players option, that is as long as the players we bring in are not deadwood. Milner wants out, cash in, get a striker, midfielder and a right back.

I think most would agree with that but there are not many around that will improve us but not be wanted by clubs above us.

Have the keys to the transfer office at VP been found yet? Can't believe someone went and lost them at this time of the year.

:lol:

It is quite unbelievable that it happens at least twice a year...right after the new year and then at the very beginning of the summer. People should leave alcohol alone if they cant keep track of their things! :shock:

If we're definatly not going to play Sidwell, Beye, L Young, Shorey, NRC and Davies then I'd offer them to clubs for a cut price in the last week or fortnight of the window. There's no point us keeping them here if they're going to just be a waste of wages and eventually leave for free.

If we're definatly not going to play Sidwell, Beye, L Young, Shorey, NRC and Davies then I'd offer them to clubs for a cut price in the last week or fortnight of the window. There's no point us keeping them here if they're going to just be a waste of wages and eventually leave for free.

Absolutely. They dont bring much to the club...

I imagine that for clubs who might be interested in these players a late transfer policy would be prudent

So thats the choice

I think most would agree with that but there are not many around that will improve us but not be wanted by clubs above us.

Jimbo, you've nailed the problem that faces Mon in one sentence! :thumb:

Does it not depress any of you that Liverpool, Spurs, Man City and Everton are all making their squads stronger, progressing, and showing ambition. We are not. We were supposed to have money to spend regardless if we sold players or not. That obviously isn't true as surely O'Neill knows we need to buy quality players for the start of the season. I'm fed up of us being constantly linked to players like McGeady, Keane, Carlton Cole. Why can't we be linked to players like Ozil and Muller? Proven young quality from overseas? It's so frustrating. Lerner has been extremely generous with supplying MON with transfer kitty and MON has wasted too much of it. Beye, Shorey, Davies, NRC, Sidwell, Salifou, Harewood, Heskey, and the rest. So now we are in a situation where Lerner wants MON to generate his own cash to waste. Brilliant. Proud History? Definitely. Bright Future? No ambition, no signings, selling our best players, allowing our main rivals to steam ahead of us, having too much deadwood in the squad who no-one wants to buy, having a chairman who must surely be wondering why his money is being wasted....I would have to say no. Not in my lifetime anyway. Probably sounds over pessimistic but thats just the way I feel at the moment.

Does it not depress any of you that Liverpool, Spurs, Man City and Everton are all making their squads stronger, progressing, and showing ambition. We are not. We were supposed to have money to spend regardless if we sold players or not. That obviously isn't true as surely O'Neill knows we need to buy quality players for the start of the season. I'm fed up of us being constantly linked to players like McGeady, Keane, Carlton Cole. Why can't we be linked to players like Ozil and Muller? Proven young quality from overseas? It's so frustrating. Lerner has been extremely generous with supplying MON with transfer kitty and MON has wasted too much of it. Beye, Shorey, Davies, NRC, Sidwell, Salifou, Harewood, Heskey, and the rest. So now we are in a situation where Lerner wants MON to generate his own cash to waste. Brilliant. Proud History? Definitely. Bright Future? No ambition, no signings, selling our best players, allowing our main rivals to steam ahead of us, having too much deadwood in the squad who no-one wants to buy, having a chairman who must surely be wondering why his money is being wasted....I would have to say no. Not in my lifetime anyway. Probably sounds over pessimistic but thats just the way I feel at the moment.

I think this is far too overly pessimistic!

We have improved year on year under O'Neill and Lerner. Yes, some of the players haven't come off - as is the nature of football - look at the players at Liverpool that didn't work under Rafa!

The fact is that we've finished top 6 for the last 3 years and have mounted a challenge for the top 4 in the last two. We have also got to a cup final and semi-final. I really don't know how this can be seen as a failure.

And our competitors haven't strengthened either really. Everton for example - I can imagine the reaction of MoN signed a former League One striker who is in their mid-20s on a free contract.....

Ouch!

It's not going to cheer you up at all when I say "the kids are our future" is it? :lol:

Liverpool-new manager, need to buy players to catch up with the rest (us included)

Man City-shitloads of money, kids in a candy store

Spurs and Everton-nothing going on

I don't see anyone 'steaming ahead' on what is a dead transfer market

Liverpool-new manager, need to buy players to catch up with the rest (us included)

Man City-shitloads of money, kids in a candy store

Spurs and Everton-nothing going on

I don't see anyone 'steaming ahead' on what is a dead transfer market

Thetrees,

What make and model plane does Randy own at the moment (I believe it was a Falcon when I last checked)? Just to stay on topic would you say it was posh enough to impress our transfer targets when he flys them in for talks? :lol: (It was N85CL)

i agree with the trees, spurs and everton havent done anything yet either, it looks like liverpools greatest achievement this summer was keeping torres and gerrard (cole isnt as good as yossi IMO and mascherano will be hard to replace)

the links to ozil and muller are just gutter press speculation, we were heavily linked to sniejder last summer but a couple here shrugged it off, dont you ever look at it and think why would the rising stars of german football join us? or 16/20 prem teams? it defies logic so unless there is a different motive (£) its a pointless link

Everton have signed a few players if I'm not mistaken. Magaye Gueye, Jermaine Beckford, Ján Mucha, and João Silva. OK not exactly big name signings, but Moyes usually has a good nose for players.

Everton have signed a few players if I'm not mistaken. Magaye Gueye, Jermaine Beckford, Ján Mucha, and João Silva. OK not exactly big name signings, but Moyes usually has a good nose for players.

If we signed those players - fans would be moaning that were not showing any ambition

apart from beckford none of them are 1st teamers though, i think gueye could prove to be a brilliant signing, but the difference between evertone finishing 8th and 6th? cant see it

like liverpool, the best thing everton can do this summer IMO is keep everyone, and more importantly keep them all fit