Summer 2010 Transfer Talk / Unfounded Speculation

bickster

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even I, a big optimist, am getting a bit stressed now :(

I am in the same boat, it's all getting a bit silly now.

I feel like I have been promised a PS3 for xmas but I have a sneaky feeling that the box been wrapped with a nice big bow is Ker-plunk or buckaroo and not the home entertainment system previously promised and agreed.

I sadly can't see Heskey going anywhere.

only 11 days to the league starts,and it does not look particularly good for us I think

It's been a very boring transfer window and this hasn't worked for or against us so far. Hardly anyone has done anything in the grand scheme of things bar Man City. The catch 22 situation is that without a big move sparking the rest of the league into action (i.e. them buying Milner), then it doesn't look like a lot will be done - and the catch 22 part is that we'll only sell for a huge amount and they don't want to be held to ransom - and in Milner's case it looks like he doesn't want to cause a fuss either way. If we don't sign anyone and nobody important leaves, then the plus point is that we have stability and a more deeply in-tune squad - the youth coming through are looking sharper and that's fine.

I'm just sick of all this though transfer bullshit though, I just want the season to start.

Well less than 2 weeks to go and nothing has changed since the end of last season and the most likely transfer involving us is the sale of our POTY to one of our closest rivals.

I am getting to a stage where I have told the wife to lock away all the sharp impliments??

Steffen Iversen's still playing? :shock: I'll pass that one over, thank you.
So you didn't see him when Rosenborg easily beat AIK away?

Did you see it when Mike Newell scored a champions league hat-trick?

He did that last week?

No, but the week after he did it he was back to being shit

Hardly comparable, when I see Iversen playing well regularly. Iversen is a better header than Carew and has a better football brain. He is a natural backup for a Carew who will get injured this season too.

I am a Rosenborg fan and watch almost all their matches. He actually might be a better header and a have a better football brain than Carew, but that doesn't make him a good enough player, even as a back up. He is nowhere near being good enough for us, and if I saw him getting on the pitch instead of Delfouneso in a Villa shirt next season I would seriously be ashamed and most likely hide from all my friends until he retires.

yeah its frustrating. At the end of the season the window looked simple, get rid of heskey, sidwell, shorey, beye to free up some wages and get in a quality striker and a couple of squad players... if only it was that simple.

Somebody on the LET website is claiming that blackburn rovers are calling a press conference for tomorrow to announce 2.2M signing of Emile Heskey after a bid was accepted yesterday

That will be an excellent move for all parties involved.

Blackbrun have made a offer for a un-name striker who is a proven frontman

Sky Sports

Somebody on the LET website is claiming that blackburn rovers are calling a press conference for tomorrow to announce 2.2M signing of Emile Heskey after a bid was accepted yesterday

Sky Sports

Not Heskey then.

Sky Sports

Not Heskey then.

He's a proven defensive striker! :lol:

Sky Sports

Not Heskey then.

He's a proven defensive striker! :lol:

He seems to have been on strike for the last two seasons.

This really is pathetic and tedious. All this nonsense of waiting around until the end is bollocks. There quite clearly is no cash to spend whatsoever. Transfers will be generated by Milner going, or others going, which I doubt considering the wages some of them are on.

It should be quite clear to everyone and anyone that is why O'Neill went public with the Milner deal. It wasn't any of this shit "To let the fans know".

**** embarrassing if anything. The league starts in under 2 weeks and we quite clearly are not prepared. If last nights match showed us anything it is that!! 5 years in. Lets get real here guys, everyone has the right to ask questions about where we are going? I don't even think those at the club know.

This really is pathetic and tedious. All this nonsense of waiting around until the end is bollocks. There quite clearly is no cash to spend whatsoever. Transfers will be generated by Milner going, or others going, which I doubt considering the wages some of them are on.

It should be quite clear to everyone and anyone that is why O'Neill went public with the Milner deal. It wasn't any of this shit "To let the fans know".

**** embarrassing if anything. The league starts in under 2 weeks and we quite clearly are not prepared. If last nights match showed us anything it is that!! 5 years in. Lets get real here guys, everyone has the right to ask questions about where we are going? I don't even think those at the club know.

F_200701_January18ed__9546a.jpg

"Calm down dear! It's only pre-season"

Am I the only happy fan here at the moment then? :D

Did you watch last night? :lol:

Against a consistent champions league team who were much fitter and had a longer rest between games. You can't judge a team on pre-season games alone since it's all about building things like fitness up and experimenting with players.

Am I the only happy fan here at the moment then? :D

Did you watch last night? :lol:

Yes I loved it! Jabulani ball flying all over the place, 90 degees fahrenheit in old money, and our second game in 24 hours of sweltering heat against a top team who had just had a rest day and were of course used to the conditions. I had a cracking stream as well! :D

I wouldn't find excuses, Benfica are a quality team and we should be attracting the exact same players as them ie Saviola, Cardozo etc. I think we might be getting carried away with the youngsters too. A great game against Feyenoord but then they did meet their match last night. Credit where it's due to Benfica though!