Summer 2010 Transfer Talk / Unfounded Speculation

bickster

Wouldnt worry just yet mate. There huge odds for next club. Milners futures not sorted yet and hes about 1/5 last time i looked

Not worried to be honest, I just believe perception is a big thing. In the eyes of potential signings, sponsors, prospective fans etc. We do not want to be seen as a club in decline, the media will write fantastical stories of disharmony at the drop of a hat.

This has been brewing for some time, ever since the 7-1 drubbing by Chelsea and Martin not overly committing himself to the job, the media agenda has been negative since then.

We need to take back the initiative at some point and start painting ourselves in a positive light, either through a signing to capture the imagination or some positive messages coming from the club.

The Milner situation needs to be resolved, I am getting fed up of summers with the main story being about our best player leaving, three summers now with the same story. Change the script and move on!

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Steffen Iversen? Well..jeesus...that is impossible for me to handle as a Villa supporter. He is nowhere near the player he was when he peaked and also..now he plays for one of Norways best teams that has had a huge dip in quality from their golden days...

And..the swedish AIK isnt any better than Notts County...and I even feel that to be an insult to Notts County!

If Plop get brought out then we really should worry about Young's future.

Yes...

I worry about that...but also of MON´s lack of activity to build on from last season. There is NO PROGRESS and that worries me even more.

Are we touting our talented players to try and get money to spend?

I remember a while back about MON saying that one of the better players may leave etc (cant remeber the exact quote) I wonder whether that was a comment from another angle

Wouldnt worry just yet mate. There huge odds for next club. Milners futures not sorted yet and hes about 1/5 last time i looked

Not worried to be honest, I just believe perception is a big thing. In the eyes of potential signings, sponsors, prospective fans etc. We do not want to be seen as a club in decline, the media will write fantastical stories of disharmony at the drop of a hat.

This has been brewing for some time, ever since the 7-1 drubbing by Chelsea and Martin not overly committing himself to the job, the media agenda has been negative since then.

We need to take back the initiative at some point and start painting ourselves in a positive light, either through a signing to capture the imagination or some positive messages coming from the club.

The Milner situation needs to be resolved, I am getting fed up of summers with the main story being about our best player leaving, three summers now with the same story. Change the script and move on!

Totally agree, although i believe it started after the carling cup final. MON looked totally fed-up after that. Especially during the reading game (even when we pulled it back as well).

If we change our ambitions then its easier to be positive. I know thats dissapointing but we are certainly not showing signs of a club pushing for top 4 - no matter whos fault it is. Liverpool are a fantastic example of how a club should display ambition.

While I understand that the club should be run as a business, a club aiming for top 4 shouldnt be worrying about Habib Beye on £40,000 a week and not playing cos lets be honest (in a quest for top 4) £40, 000 a week should be absolute peanuts as Liverpool have just shown with Joe Cole.

So Im setting my sights on maintaining a top 6/7 finish and some good cup runs again. While we still need strengthening to achieve this (and believe we will) - if your expectations are this then its easier to be positive.

Not for 1 minute suggesting that your expecting top 4 or indeed telling you what you should expect, and I realise your post wasnt about expectations. But there are a lot of people (including imp people at the club) who are suggesting top 4 and even challenging for the title in coming years. These high expectations are imo ridiculous and will make it easier for situations like the ones we are witnessing atm appear negative.

Somebody on the LET website is claiming that blackburn rovers are calling a press conference for tomorrow to announce 2.2M signing of Emile Heskey after a bid was accepted yesterday

That will be an excellent move for all parties involved.

And..the swedish AIK isnt any better than Notts County...and I even feel that to be an insult to Notts County!

Isnt this a typical attitude for an English football fan

Why?

I am from Sweden...

Somebody on the LET website is claiming that blackburn rovers are calling a press conference for tomorrow to announce 2.2M signing of Emile Heskey after a bid was accepted yesterday

That will be an excellent move for all parties involved.

Fat Sam said they have just made an increased bid for an unamed striker

Could it be?

Cant see it. Who would want him? Championship clubs?

Apparantly their going to announce signing of Jo. Big difference in excitement levels right there!

Thats even worse if you have no faith in your own league

Zatman"]Its difficult for people to get behind the (ROI) league as its quite pricey for poor quality as I paid 15 euro Friday night to watch a game and it was dreadful. Couldnt fault the effort but play was dreadful.

:suspect: You thought he was English, just lol with the rest of us :D I think he knows his league better than we do :thumb: