Summer 2010 Transfer Talk / Unfounded Speculation

bickster

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think a lot of the players that we want out are on high wages. This will only put other clubs off from making an offer because of their wage demands. Now I know it isn't official but we suspect that some players, who sit on the bench are on £40k maybe more in some cases.

I think the Milner money is essential to any summer spending. We can't rely on selling those bench players.

I take your point Reality, but Randy's point to Mon is that wages are already too high. Randy isn't short of 25 million and he could easily have given that to Mon but he hasn't. It's not cash that he wants, it's a sensible, manageable wage bill.

MON has certainly made a few mistakes with wages. I read somewhere that Heskey is our highest paid player! While that is probably wide of the mark he will still be on a lot of money, if we manage to sell Beye, Sidwell, Heskey and get them off the wage bill then I think Randy will supply the transfer funds to replace them with players who will actually earn what they are being paid. So no huge changes to the wages but a big step up in squad quality.

I know it will be difficult to sell average players on big wages but I'm hopeful, let's make up a brochure for each of them ala Owen!

Apart from Beye, Heskey & Sidwell you could easily add NRC, L.Young, Shorey & Davies who all seem to have had a fall out with MON and so stand no chance of a regular place in the starting eleven. Osborne and Salifou would not be missed and we have already moved on Harewood and Bouma. Eleven players who if average £30,000 a week equal a cool £17 million a year in wages.

NRC, Luke Young & Davies could probably still do a job for us but the rest have been a complete waste of money.

Apart from Beye, Heskey & Sidwell you could easily add NRC, L.Young, Shorey & Davies who all seem to have had a fall out with MON and so stand no chance of a regular place in the starting eleven. Osborne and Salifou would not be missed and we have already moved on Harewood and Bouma. Eleven players who if average £30,000 a week equal a cool £17 million a year in wages.

NRC, Luke Young & Davies could probably still do a job for us but the rest have been a complete waste of money.

NRC, Luke Young & Davies should stay

Apart from Beye, Heskey & Sidwell you could easily add NRC, L.Young, Shorey & Davies

I forgot about Shorey.

NRC, Young and Davies can still do a job for us and I would prefer if none were sold.

Beye, Heskey, Sidwell and Shorey are not good enough for us and are taking too much wages, we improve on those 4 and we have a quality squad!

For me, Keane, Richards and Ireland but as has been documented they will also will want big money.

Taken from ESPN:

Liverpool have agreed a fee of £2.5 million with Aston Villa for defender Luke Young. The former England international is mulling over the move ahead of Villa's pre-season trip to Portugal.

Young, who has been deployed as a left-back for Villa, would seemingly fulfill a similar role at Anfield as Glen Johnson is currently first-choice on the other side of defence with academy graduates Martin Kelly and Stephen Darby able to provide adequate back-up.

Villa boss Martin O'Neill told the club's official site: ''There has been an offer from a football club which Luke is mulling over and, if it doesn't materialise, then he would join us (in Portugal for the Guadiana Cup) because he needs to play some football soon. We will see how that develops.''

I am seriously getting worried now, 11 days to the start of the season and no signs of any good strong creative mid fielders coming in :(

Taken from ESPN:

Liverpool have agreed a fee of £2.5 million with Aston Villa for defender Luke Young. The former England international is mulling over the move ahead of Villa's pre-season trip to Portugal.

Young, who has been deployed as a left-back for Villa, would seemingly fulfill a similar role at Anfield as Glen Johnson is currently first-choice on the other side of defence with academy graduates Martin Kelly and Stephen Darby able to provide adequate back-up.

Villa boss Martin O'Neill told the club's official site: ''There has been an offer from a football club which Luke is mulling over and, if it doesn't materialise, then he would join us (in Portugal for the Guadiana Cup) because he needs to play some football soon. We will see how that develops.''

I am seriously getting worried now, 11 days to the start of the season and no signs of any good strong creative mid fielders coming in :(

Stezz, that's old news now. LY turned down L'pool because he didn't want to move his family further north, although the real reason was probably that L'pool were offering £10,000 per week less salary.

He's already turned down Liverpool mate.

I'd just sit back and not worry, it'll make things easier. We will make purchases. Eventually.

:?:

?

'We will make purchases. Eventually'

He's right though.

The roof will explode if we don't. :lol:

He's already turned down Liverpool mate.

I'd just sit back and not worry, it'll make things easier. We will make purchases. Eventually.

:?:

?

'We will make purchases. Eventually'

He's right though.

The roof will explode if we don't. :lol:

i trust mon will see us bring in some quality he didnt let us down last season if anything he over delivered. he brought in 2 players we wanted dunne and warnock and 2 we didnt expect delph and collins