• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So how long before the Mirror links us with recently released Marlon King

About a week after he caves some birds face in again. :cry:

...well we are after someone who can hit the target arnt we?*

*in no way condoning domestic violence

Steffen Iversen's still playing? :shock: I'll pass that one over, thank you.

So you didn't see him when Rosenborg easily beat AIK away?

You can probably watch him this Wednesday.

But to be honest, I would actually prefer him as back up to Carew this season and that we got rid of Heskey.

Rather have Iversen than Doyle, Keane or Zamora.

But to be honest, I would actually prefer him as back up to Carew this season and that we got rid of Heskey.

:crylaugh:

plz stop it, Im in pain.

Did you see it when Mike Newell scored a champions league hat-trick?

He did that last week?

I don't watch AIK if I can help it. :D

Seriously, ahead of those who's been playing in the PL for years in recent time? :?

He did that last week?

No, but the week after he did it he was back to being shit

He did that last week?

Hardly comparable, when I see Iversen playing well regularly. Iversen is a better header than Carew and has a better football brain. He is a natural backup for a Carew who will get injured this season too.

He did that last week?

Hardly comparable, when I see Iversen playing well regularly. Iversen is a better header than Carew and has a better football brain. He is a natural backup for a Carew who will get injured this season too.

Yeah but all due respect you see him playing in the Norwegian league. He wasnt that great in the premier league either when he came.

This pretty much says it all mate

'He was linked to a number of English Championship clubs in the summer of 2008; including Crystal Palace, Norwich City and Ipswich Town'

I dont overate Aston Villa as a club at all, but I know we are definately bigger and better than Steffan iverson. And so is Emile Heskey

OK, I'll stop now, as we are getting a bit off topic.

It was just a suggestion. I understand if people don't take it seriously, as the age factor is probably important. But I'm used to not been taken seriously when suggesting players from the Norwegian league, I remember the reactions when I last summer wanted Villa to sell Reo Coker and buy Anthony Annan.

I know its utter nonsense and factually incorrect given Ashley's recent comments, but the below article is really depressing to read!! (*Disclaimer this comes from Sport.co.uk which is probably just a blog and someones made up opinion*)

Redknapp and Hodgson tipped to make audacious Young swoop

Tottenham Hotspur manager Harry Redknapp and Liverpool boss Roy Hodgson has been tipped to make a move for Aston Villa winger Ashley Young after being cut dramatically in the race to sign the 25-year-old attacking midfielder.

Redknapp is a confirmed admirer of Young and according to the Daily Mail could offer David Bentley, Robbie Keane and Jermaine Jenas in exchange for the talented winger. Young is reportedly upset at the lack of ambition at Villa Park and has already voiced his unhappiness that teammate James Milner could be sold to Premier League rivals Manchester City.

Martin O’Neill has given Young a pay rise to £65 000 a week while slapping a £30 million price tag on the player’s head in a bid to warn off potential suitors Tottenham Hotspur, Liverpool and Manchester City. However Redknapp can offer Young Champions League football as well as a legitimate challenge to the Premier League crown, while Villa have yet to strengthen their squad ahead of the new Premier League campaign.

Liverpool manager Roy Hodgson has also been cut by sports bookmakers in the race to sign Young; however it is unlikely the cash-strapped club will be able to afford the Villa winger, unless a potential takeover by Kenneth Huang is confirmed during the transfer window. The Chinese businessman has promised transfer funds if he takes control of the Anfield club.

SKY BET ODDS ON ASHLEY YOUNG’S NEXT CLUB:

TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR – 3/1

LIVERPOOL – 7/2

MANCHESTER CITY – 10/1

MANCHESTER UNITED – 16/1

ARSENAL – 20/1

We need some positive vibes before long because the vultures in the media are circling!

Wouldnt worry just yet mate. There huge odds for next club. Milners futures not sorted yet and hes about 1/5 last time i looked

But your right, we need some form of signing. Just to give us a bit of hope. Were not even being linked with players over the last few days. All gone a bit flat.

Ive heard Steffan iverson's available :D