Summer 2010 Transfer Talk / Unfounded Speculation

bickster

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't find excuses, Benfica are a quality team and we should be attracting the exact same players as them ie Saviola, Cardozo etc. I think we might be getting carried away with the youngsters too. A great game against Feyenoord but then they did meet their match last night. Credit where it's due to Benfica though!
It was our second match in a steaming 24 hours which is a fact and not an excuse for not being as sharp as a rested Benfica team. I think that if we had played Benfica as a one off game at VP then we could make a valid judgement on the performance. To dismiss Villa in vastly unfavourable circumstances is more than slightly unfair in my opinion.

Somebody on the LET website is claiming that blackburn rovers are calling a press conference for tomorrow to announce 2.2M signing of Emile Heskey after a bid was accepted yesterday

That will be an excellent move for all parties involved.

Blackbrun have made a offer for a un-name striker who is a proven frontman

Sky Sports

Not Heskey then.

He's a proven defensive striker! :lol:

He seems to have been on strike for the last two seasons.
Glad some jokes have been made so I don't have to think of one. First thing that came into my head when I read "proven frontman" :D

Don't agree at all. They hammered Everton and they gave Liverpool 2 hard games last season. Does it hurt that much to admit they are better than us?
They are a good team and it doesn't hurt to say so. Have you ever played beach soccer in 90 degrees against a bunch of locals after a great night out the night before? If so did you win? :lol:

Don't feel too bad about Benfica chaps... Mönchengladbach served Plop a tasty 1-0 defeat. :D

Theyre getting new owners soon, have a couple World Class players, are more attractive than us and will no doubt be dipping further into the transfer market. I wouldnt get so excited as we've stood still.

Don't feel too bad about Benfica chaps... Mönchengladbach served Plop a tasty 1-0 defeat. :D

Theyre getting new owners soon, have a couple World Class players, are more attractive than us and will no doubt be dipping further into the transfer market. I wouldnt get so excited as we've stood still.

seems as though we could be heading in reverse imo..a massive lack of investment is going to **** us up.maybe Randy should seak outside investments for us if he hasn't got the cash to push us on..

With the talent we've got coming through, we're going forward at exactly the right steady pace.

seems as though we could be heading in reverse imo..a massive lack of investment is going to **** us up.maybe Randy should seak outside investments for us if he hasn't got the cash to push us on..
That is insulting to RL! He has the cash, but he also has a very good business brain and is determined to put the club on a very sound financial footing. Your kind of comment Fran is that of a fan who wants everything now and doesn't give a damn about what that might do to the clubs future. Wrong, imo of course.

You need constant investment to stay up there with the best. If we fail to invest properly City will close the top 4 for a number of years. These players haven't played together. Every team like that has issues with gelling together and getting to know one another. This year is vital to us staying there. Sadly there is yet to be any concrete investment this summer.

Recent comments from Harry Redknapp:

"The market is a bit sluggish but I think there will be a bit of a flurry if [Aston Villa midfielder] James Milner goes to Manchester City," he added. "That could kick-start the whole market."

Do we have bids in for Keane? Jenas? Bentley? And we are waiting for the Milner money for them to go through?

That is insulting to RL! He has the cash, but he also has a very good business brain and is determined to put the club on a very sound financial footing. Your kind of comment Fran is that of a fan who wants everything now and doesn't give a damn about what that might do to the clubs future. Wrong, imo of course.
its the truth though,if Randy cant sell the Villa name world wide, as a force in the league through signing players that are good enough to win us things we will never move on,everybody around us at the moment has been able to out do us in the transfer market,i know it does sound very selfish on my part about Randy but unless we can spend 15 or 20 million on a player we will never be up there.and the likes of Barry/Milner know that.

The only player I'd be willing to take a gamble on from the Norwegian league at the moment would be the current top scorer Mohammed Abdellaoue from Vålerenga. Not nearly the finished product yet, but the kind of player that no doubt would raise his game when given the opportunity to train and play with better players. Bags of potential, natural goal scorer, not afraid to take a shot (imagine having one of those, eh), not unlike Solskjær back in the day, could tourn out to be a bargain for anyone willing to take a chance on him. Hattrick today with plenty of scouts in the stands and if reports are to be believed we have hade people following Vålerenga for a while too (but possibly not to look at Abdellaoue).

its the truth though,if Randy cant sell the Villa name world wide, as a force in the league through signing players that are good enough to win us things we will never move on,everybody around us at the moment has been able to out do us in the transfer market,i know it does sound very selfish on my part about Randy but unless we can spend 15 or 20 million on a player we will never be up there.and the likes of Barry/Milner know that.
I take your point about 15 to 20 million pound players, and I think that Randy would happily stump up the money for an Ozil or Muller. What I think he is less happy with is the purchase of average players on inflated wages. I think the way forward for Villa is to target one or two top players a season while bringing on our talented young players. Forget the players that other clubs don't want to keep.